Just Ordered This

jack butler

I've never played a Suhr so it's kind of a gamble, considering I have to sell my two main guitars to pay for this. No Dealers around here with Moderns in stock. Couldn't find a bad word about Suhr's anywhere, that says alot about the quality to me, with so many people ready to trash products nowadays. The only things I wanted that I couldn't get were a maple bound fretboard and offset block inlays. The wait begins.

Congrats! If you are used to playing any of the popular super strats, you are going to love the Suhr Modern! I imagine it should look very similar to this but with the offset dots, matching headstock, different bridge, etc... it should be a beauty:

web.jpg

I've very close to placing an order for my own but still can't decide on a few specs. If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to not go with the compound radius fretboard?

My two main guitars had 15" radius that I really liked. I don't do alot of bending more speed type playing, but I thought I read that GG couldn't really even tell a difference between the 10-14" and 16" and he usaully uses the 16". Yeah that finish in that pic just grabbed me, I wanted something a little different than flame/quilt.

Yeah, that's definitely one of my favorite tops... I just have a soft spot for a quilted top. :) Too many choices. :confused:

I have a couple superstrats with extreme quilts aleady. Sounds like you've got your top chosen, what's your sticking point on options?

Isn't this a some of the Nova type finishes?
I just sent a preliminary order for Flame Maple/Bengal Burst, but this one makes me hesitant on my choices.

10-14" compound should be fine for "speeding", me thinks, but that's to large extent personal preference.

Synchu, the guitar in the pic has a Burl maple top that's the wood grain not a paint job. I think the one in the pic was a NAMM guitar. 10-14" radius should be fine for shredding, Parker flys are 10-13" if you've ever played one of those they're really fast.

Thanks, Jack. Still sleeping here :/ :doh:
If not a troubling you, may I ask you what was the upcharge for the Burl Maple top? (PM, if appropriate).

And just wondering how it will look like with Bengal Burst ( I seem to have a feeling for it )..

Niki

Back