Just out of curiosity...

LP Freak":64gnqca6 said:
Back in the day this thread would have gone viral.

Yep, no one gives a shit anymore about Mark Cameron or his amps or anything associated the Brad/Rob clusterfuck!!!

rlord1974":3kdo0zki said:

I did not mean to direct my comment about Mark himself since I do not know him although I have met him once and he seemed like a cool guy at the time. My comment was directed more at the whole drama especially the Cameron Amplication group.

a5150guy":2sxa4l1m said:
Speaking from personal experience with him, here's the facts as I have come to understand them. I am going by what has happened in the last 5 years and who was involved. Mark is a very nice guy at his core. And as most nice guys are, he was very trusting. I would say he was naive when it came to the business side of things. If he knew half as much about the business side of things as he does about amps, he would be a millionaire. He is not greedy and never wanted to be rich, just make enough to enjoy creating the perfect tones. Being naive led him to get involved with people that saw an opportunity to make a buck off the situation.
So you're saying that these unscrupulous capitalists were responsible for Mark taking numerous deposits and amps for modification that were never refunded/returned?

Everyone who has tried to be in business with him did so for the potential money.
You don't understand what a business is, do you?

You simply can not fund a business venture with customer money. It is a failed business model.
Right on...maybe you do understand a bit about business.

It has been proven most recently with the current state of Cameron Amps, and Mark isn't even involved in that venture, although he somehow still gets the blame lol.
Mark was involved in that venture and bailed on it like he has with pretty much everything, basically creating a domino effect. And I'm not defending the other players...they had full knowledge of Mark's prior dealings yet still chose to get into bed with him.

For everyone else to walk away relatively unscathed while he takes all the blame is bullshit as he was responsible for the kick ass amps NOT the business side of things. The business side of things is where all the shit happened. He did his part and can make some of the best amps in the world.
Not that easy to separate the two. When the side responsible for the amps flakes out and walks away, the business end of the operation is left in a rather tenuous position, wouldn't you say?

Then again, what the fuck do I know...
Only a small bit of the story it would appear

rupe":6ohpdlkd said:
a5150guy":6ohpdlkd said:
Speaking from personal experience with him, here's the facts as I have come to understand them. I am going by what has happened in the last 5 years and who was involved. Mark is a very nice guy at his core. And as most nice guys are, he was very trusting. I would say he was naive when it came to the business side of things. If he knew half as much about the business side of things as he does about amps, he would be a millionaire. He is not greedy and never wanted to be rich, just make enough to enjoy creating the perfect tones. Being naive led him to get involved with people that saw an opportunity to make a buck off the situation.
So you're saying that these unscrupulous capitalists were responsible for Mark taking numerous deposits and amps for modification that were never refunded/returned?

Everyone who has tried to be in business with him did so for the potential money.

You simply can not fund a business venture with customer money. It is a failed business model.

It has been proven most recently with the current state of Cameron Amps, and Mark isn't even involved in that venture, although he somehow still gets the blame lol.
Mark was involved in that venture and bailed on it like he has with pretty much everything, basically creating a domino effect. And I'm not defending the other players...they had full knowledge of Mark's prior dealings yet still chose to get into bed with him.

For everyone else to walk away relatively unscathed while he takes all the blame is bullshit as he was responsible for the kick ass amps NOT the business side of things. The business side of things is where all the shit happened. He did his part and can make some of the best amps in the world.
Not that easy to separate the two. When the side responsible for the amps flakes out and walks away, the business end of the operation is left in a rather tenuous position, wouldn't you say?

Honestly the way that contract was written I would have bailed too. I am surprised Mark lasted as long as he did. I think there was a lack of business understanding from all sides, so I am not trying to co-sign anyone's BS.

That's all I really want to say and yes I have read the contract.

a5150guy":1p0th6ux said:
rupe":1p0th6ux said:

So is it safe to say you know Mark, Brad, Rob or myself personally?? Or are you simply regurgitating rumors and opinions of people that have an axe to grind? You clearly do not know me or you wouldn't make some of the statements you did.

Opinions are like assholes I guess....

But I did like your FB page. :) I have a few guitars to put up!

Not sure what knowing any of you personally would add to the conversation...please explain. That said, I know Dave, and Mark and I have a mutual close friend who has filled me in on quite a bit. Aside from that, much of this has played out online for all to see. Which part of what I said do you contest?

And I'm glad you liked the Facebook page...looking forward to seeing your builds :thumbsup:

I know Mark. He modded an amp ('77 Marshall JMP) of mine in 2004. He had it 10 months before I got it back. The amp sounded great until 2009 when it developed a problem and since then 3 different techs could not sort through Mark's rat's nest of a mod to figure out the problem so I'm having it put back to stock. Unfortunately, the guy doing this job has had the amp for 9 months now too and won't return my calls either.

I also designed the Cameron Amplification logo for Chris Schmidt---well---Mark told me what he wanted and I found the font and laid it out and had an artist friend make a pro version of it!

Drew":26tb9p8a said:
I know Mark. He modded an amp ('77 Marshall JMP) of mine in 2004. He had it 10 months before I got it back. The amp sounded great until 2009 when it developed a problem and since then 3 different techs could not sort through Mark's rat's nest of a mod to figure out the problem so I'm having it put back to stock. Unfortunately, the guy doing this job has had the amp for 9 months now too and won't return my calls either.

I also designed the Cameron Amplification logo for Chris Schmidt---well---Mark told me what he wanted and I found the font and laid it out and had an artist friend make a pro version of it!
That sucks. The only very busy amp mods I have seen that he has done were channel switchers with separate clean channels. The single channels I have owned had quite a bit going on but would not be hard to work on if needed. What was going on with it?

glip22":3bu2fvnq said:
Drew":3bu2fvnq said:

That sucks. The only very busy amp mods I have seen that he has done were channel switchers with separate clean channels. The single channels I have owned had quite a bit going on but would not be hard to work on if needed. What was going on with it?

Mine was modded to be a channel switcher. It lost power on the gain channel (I could not be heard over a drummer when previously it used to cut great) and what sound it did have became very harsh. No tube change or cap job could restore it.

Drew":yz2yqvrx said:
glip22":yz2yqvrx said:
Drew":yz2yqvrx said:

Mine was modded to be a channel switcher. It lost power on the gain channel (I could not be heard over a drummer when previously it used to cut great) and what sound it did have became very harsh. No tube change or cap job could restore it.
Bummer. Sounds like something in the first gain stage. From the input jack to the first pretube grid or maybe second. I would have been a poking m'fer until I found it. Marshalls, even his, are basically straight forward. Very surprised techs could not find it. I hope the last tech didn't fix and rip you off. Bum deal.

glip22":2fsdldxj said:
Drew":2fsdldxj said:
glip22":2fsdldxj said:
Drew":2fsdldxj said:

Bummer. Sounds like something in the first gain stage. From the input jack to the first pretube grid or maybe second. I would have been a poking m'fer until I found it. Marshalls, even his, are basically straight forward. Very surprised techs could not find it. I hope the last tech didn't fix and rip you off. Bum deal.

First tech (somebody very highly respected) said it was bad pre-amp tube socket. The amp sounded exactly the same when I got it back. The 2nd tech, another well-known tech in the Hollywood area said it was a bad screen resistor. It sounded the same if not worse when I got it back. The 3rd tech came highly recommended by some really good L.A. players. He looked at it for 2 days and suggested we cut out the mods and start over. I agreed and then he stopped returning my calls and 9 months later I am still waiting on it.

Drew":nh42n15q said:
glip22":nh42n15q said:
glip22":nh42n15q said:

First tech (somebody very highly respected) said it was bad pre-amp tube socket. The amp sounded exactly the same when I got it back. The 2nd tech, another well-known tech in the Hollywood area said it was a bad screen resistor. It sounded the same if not worse when I got it back. The 3rd tech came highly recommended by some really good L.A. players. He looked at it for 2 days and suggested we cut out the mods and start over. I agreed and then he stopped returning my calls and 9 months later I am still waiting on it.

Probably should have given it back to Mark, no?

jcj":10g2ad35 said:
Drew":10g2ad35 said:
glip22":10g2ad35 said:
glip22":10g2ad35 said:

Probably should have given it back to Mark, no?

I tried for several months but he never answered his phone and his voice mail box was always full--even went by his house three times and he was never there (or never bothered to answer the door). And considering he had already kept the amp for 10 months the previous time he had and I was now hearing stories worse than my 10 month wait, I decided to try other options.

Do you guys really think that any/most of the other modders in the business are ANY better ? I had a Marshall done by another FAMOUS guy on this board who has a stellar reputation, and even though at the time I shipped the amp in I was quoted a 6 to 8 week turn-around, once it got to California I called at 6 weeks to see what the progress was and if we were on schedule and was told something to the effect of "even EVH or Clapton doesn't get his stuff in 6 weeks from me", and I had to wait another bunch of months and it was only after threatening to go to my lawyer with EVERY back and forth email did I get my amp (which sounds like SHIT by the way), so BEWARE ! I was told " that's just the way these California hippies are, they don't get that whole blue collar New England east coast work ethic thing"...And we've all seen Wilder self destruct on here too...

Back