Just Sayin Hello

Half-Stack

Hello everyone! Not sure if this site is for rack gear aficionados or anything and everything. I am currently using a 1989 Marshall JCM800/2210 half-stack, Roland JC40, and the Neural dsp Soldano SLO-100 plugin and a couple Les Pauls. I however did have a rack setup that I still regret letting go of back in 1996. A Mesa Dual Preamp, BBE462 Maximizer, Digitech dsp128+ multieffect into a Marshall 9200 first edition Power amp with 2 Marshall JCM900 4x12’s that sounded the voice of god but, had ground loop issue that kept randomly causing a huge pop and hum that I couldn’t get sorted and so I sold it off. Wish I still had it though.
So just saying hi! 😀🤘

Attachments

• B1CED349-D54C-4C1E-BD29-84E6CA3FDECE.png
    B1CED349-D54C-4C1E-BD29-84E6CA3FDECE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Welcome to the forum my friend... Enjoy your stay and remember that it's mandatory unwritten rule to post pics of ALL your music gear that you mentioned. LOL

Cheers

Back in the day we would kill to stand in front of a wall of Marshalls.

Then I got my chance to buy my second stack.... Kaboom.
I was the koolest kid in town back in 95.
Two full stacks and ear damage fuuuuck yeaaaa

After carrying and damaging expensive equipment to jams and replacing tubes etc etc I am very happy to live in this day and age.

TECHNOLOGY, has ruined me as far as selling off all my old school rack gear but the plus side of things today is real nice as far as compact ability.

I now travel light with a lap top maybe 2 pedals and a clean 15 w tube amp out to the board and house front thank god

Welcome to the forum I`m a new Old guy too

Welcome!

2210/05s are great amps. I did a couple small mods to a 4211(2210) chassis; re flowed the solder on all the pots, clipped one leg of a treble bleed cap (R20 I think; between the ch vol/gain/treb pots) and moved the purple NFB wire to the 16 ohm tap. Amp got clearer, a bit brighter and tighter...if yours isn't perfect try em. Super easy.

Welcome to the forum my friend... Enjoy your stay and remember that it's mandatory unwritten rule to post pics of ALL your music gear that you mentioned. LOL

Cheers
Well all that rack gear is long gone I’m sorry to say. I attached a pic of my 1990 Les Paul Custom and my JCM800/2210 half stack in my original post. I’ll put up some pics of the rest when I get a chance to take some.👍

Back in the day we would kill to stand in front of a wall of Marshalls.

Then I got my chance to buy my second stack.... Kaboom.
I was the koolest kid in town back in 95.
Two full stacks and ear damage fuuuuck yeaaaa

After carrying and damaging expensive equipment to jams and replacing tubes etc etc I am very happy to live in this day and age.

TECHNOLOGY, has ruined me as far as selling off all my old school rack gear but the plus side of things today is real nice as far as compact ability.

I now travel light with a lap top maybe 2 pedals and a clean 15 w tube amp out to the board and house front thank god

Welcome to the forum I`m a new Old guy too
The Neural Soldano plug in is my first venture into software amp modeling but so far it has been pleasantly surprising. It’s as close as I’ll ever get to playing through a real SLO 100 as well. Those 4x12’s did get heavy after a while didn’t they?😁🤘

The Neural Soldano plug in is my first venture into software amp modeling but so far it has been pleasantly surprising. It’s as close as I’ll ever get to playing through a real SLO 100 as well. Those 4x12’s did get heavy after a while didn’t they?😁🤘
ROCK ON MAN

Back