Just when i though Reverb couldn't get worse.

Listed an amp, has been a minute since I've sold there.

3 offers within 2 days and every single one was from the prince of Nigeria.

Just curious if others are getting this too. Guessing it's RIP for Reverb. I can't see people using them much longer. Just keeps getting worse

Reverb can certainly get worse. Even worse than a political echo chamber (too many nasty reflections). Behold Exhibit A :

67B08EC1-31DD-440F-A3AB-77A8C360C0AA.jpeg

I have gotten a few of those. People who make a full price offer and then tell me to text them to set it up. Total scam.

Outside of scams I get a ton of junk low ball offers. Nothing new I guess but the number has increased a lot in the last six months. I think I got 4 junk offers like that on the last guitar I listed. What annoys me is that it scares away legitimate buyers when they see that four offers have been made but none accepted. I guess they figure I don’t want to make a deal, which isn’t true: I just don’t want to sell my $3000 guitar for $1200 lol

I think this forum needs to take a break with selling gear for a while, like im not exactly sure what the problem is but it just dosent seem to be working out for many here right now lol.
I usually just trade with friends here or sell local . I hate selling and shipping .
I don't understand the scam though.
You buy it, if he doesn't ship that amp to you... he doesn't get your money
I don’t either . But I’ve heard people have problems though . But I don’t get it

I don’t either . But I’ve heard people have problems though . But I don’t get it
I think if you keep the transaction and payment all via reverb, then you're sweet.

It's if they then ask you to deal outside of reverb that you'll likely run into trouble.

I can't see people using them much longer.
I thought that at least 2 years ago. I still use them for finding things in my local area...then find a way to deal outside of Reverb. But at this point I won't deal thru Reverb for several reasons. I'm not paying tax on person-to-person used gear transactions...I'm not letting all these piddly used gear transactions complicate my taxes...the fees are lol...they over-protect the buyer at the expense of the seller...their service is non-existent...and its a cesspool of scammers. But people will still use it.

great place to window shop when you are bored, but buying is pretty much out these days. i'll DM people and deal off reverb if i actually want to buy something. if they won't do that, i don't buy.

last guitar i sold there turned into:
"i got the guitar, and i want to keep it, but there is a scratch you didn't disclose. i want 200 back, i don't want to sent the guitar back"

last guitar i bought there was a gibson les paul that was shipped in a hardshell case, covered in bubble wrap, with a label taped to it. NO BOX!!!! NO FUCKING BOX!!!!! :oops:

:oops:

I've not had any issues with Reverb.
I just got my new J Custom through Reverb. All arrived, very well packaged and protected, double boxed.

Had a set of old early 90's V30s that I bought and were shipped to me. They arrived damaged. Apparently the retailer though it was very normal to zip tie the speakers together, put them in a box with some bubble wrap and hope for the best? "We ship speakers this way all the time" was their response. Provide pics to Reverb and they reimbursed me for to and from shipping and speakers. No questions refund issued.

Lastly had a pedal not show up and lost by DHL. Reverb refunded me the total cost including shipping.

I hate to break it to you but Reverb is just getting bigger and more popular. Those that want to take advantage of others flock to it because it's thriving. So no, it's not RIP for reverb...It's party time for Etsy. The previous owner gave a shit and built the thing trying to get more used instruments in circulation by valuing your profitability...and yes profiting off of that too. As an almost 20 yr old ecomm business you can bet Etsy is going to find ways to make more money off a users transaction. Use it, don't use it, it's going to continue to be a powerhouse whether you like it or not.

great place to window shop when you are bored, but buying is pretty much out these days. i'll DM people and deal off reverb if i actually want to buy something. if they won't do that, i don't buy.

last guitar i sold there turned into:
"i got the guitar, and i want to keep it, but there is a scratch you didn't disclose. i want 200 back, i don't want to sent the guitar back"

last guitar i bought there was a gibson les paul that was shipped in a hardshell case, covered in bubble wrap, with a label taped to it. NO BOX!!!! NO FUCKING BOX!!!!! :oops:

:oops:
I bought an esp kirk hammett once. It arrived. There was a box on my porch about 2 feet tall and 2 feet square with a neck sticking up about 2 feet. The fucking guy just put a box around the body, threw some peanuts in, and left the neck (unprotected) standing up out of the top of the box. It was too funny to be mad about.

I bought an esp kirk hammett once. It arrived. There was a box on my porch about 2 feet tall and 2 feet square with a neck sticking up about 2 feet. The fucking guy just put a box around the body, threw some peanuts in, and left the neck (unprotected) standing up out of the top of the box. It was too funny to be mad about.
That can't be real. I mean I want it to be and actually believe you just please tell me you have a picture because I need that in my life.

That can't be real. I mean I want it to be and actually believe you just please tell me you have a picture because I need that in my life.
No pic anymore, I had one at the time. This was years ago and yeah it was real. I couldnt believe it either and was shocked it was in 1 piece.

I also had a nightswan arrive in a gig bag with the shipping label stuck to the bag, no packaging at all.

One of my first ebay purchases was a Peavey Supreme 160 head. Amp arrived with a shipping label stuck to it and no packaging. Not sure if the box was ripped off during shipping or if it actually shipped that way.

:scared::scared:

Back