Kahler Spyder - Junk?

Scott Ians Beard

Which is the Kahler FR-type trem everyone hates? Is it the Spyder or the Steeler? Any Spyder users out there?

There is a pretty sweet deal on a Fender HM guitar going at the moment. I was thinking about springing for it and putting some EMGs in it? Any thoughts?

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":42420 said:
Which is the Kahler FR-type trem everyone hates? Is it the Spyder or the Steeler? Any Spyder users out there?

There is a pretty sweet deal on a Fender HM guitar going at the moment. I was thinking about springing for it and putting some EMGs in it? Any thoughts?
I loved the Spyder Steve, it was such a good floyd knock off that they got sued for it...

I think the main problem is parts, If something craps out on you, your knee dep in dirty dog bollocks!!!

Kage

all i gather is the spyder trem's were floyd style bridges designed to go in the same spot as a vintage style 2 point trem. makeing them a compact version.

not sure what it is they're made of, but if its stainless, you cant go wrong 8)

I have a Kahler Spyder on a Fender Strat. I have used it for over 20 years, and it still works perfectly. I have never played a trem that feels and works as nicely as the Spyder. If you find one, buy it. :wink: BTW, you can buy replacement parts (at least those subject to wear and tear, directly from Kahler!!!

The Steelers are the ones comparable Original Floyd's in quality and tone. Heard bad things about Spyders but, they have their fans too.

Back