Kemper 7 string Fortin profile

dwizted

Here is a clip of the Kemper using a Fortin profile. Bernie Ricco JR. 7 loaded with Dimarzio Tonezone bridge. Thanks to Killertone for this bad ass guitar...

didn't expect that.
hhhmm, got me thinking too. Lots of possibilities.

kemper with tube power amp or solid state p.a. power amp is question to be answered for the optimal rig.

Whose user profile was it ?

dwizted, what is powering it ?

pstar":l9unq7ki said:
didn't expect that.
hhhmm, got me thinking too. Lots of possibilities.

kemper with tube power amp or solid state p.a. power amp is question to be answered for the optimal rig.

Whose user profile was it ?

dwizted, what is powering it ?

It is being powered by a VHT 2/90/2 through a mesa recto slant and a ISP sub. The profile used was Pete's number 7 Fortin JVM.

it is workin mighty fine !

nice tube power amp and with the sub is super right on. That sub is self powered with internal x-over ?

thinking , external active x-over with super serious sub cab. -- it should just destroy, but in a band mix/recording would not work

pstar":b1lnhs7b said:
it is workin mighty fine !

nice tube power amp and with the sub is super right on. That sub is self powered with internal x-over ?

thinking , external active x-over with super serious sub cab. -- it should just destroy, but in a band mix/recording would not work

It is a powered sub and does have a cross over, your right about recording, but man in sounds brutal in the man cave... :rock:

Stephen Carpenters been using them live for years, he's always sounded HUGE. Don't know if he's dropped them now that he's using the AxeFX....?

yeah..i've been debating one of these too...instead of one of the amps on my dream amp list.

with a good 2/90 power amp type ....running el34s and 6l6 .....really versatile.

Sounds great! Have that profile as well, and am also running a VHT 2902, except with a deliverance cab. The kemper is amazing, haven't wanted another amp since owning it, and the honeymoon has never left. Truly the most inspiring and best gear purchase I've ever made... And let's put this new "rumor" to rest right now; whoever says the kemper wasn't made for live use or not good for live use or WHATEVER, is talking out of their ass. I've never had a more crushing tone live either with my VHT 2902/cab setup, or going FRFR with my mackie hd1531, both setups going direct to FOH as well... The fortins are nowhere near the best profiles that can be had with the kemper also in my opinion, some of them out there are truly insane.

post some others... i have money saved....im in the mindset that i really don't want an axe 2 setup, and the kemper just seems to be the way i'd go if i went back to 1s and 0s.

I can pretty much tell all of you as well, since I know the sound of that profile, that probably had very little, if any ( Im guessing none if I had to guess) tweaking whatsoever to obtain that sound. Easy as download, select profile, play... No eqs etc.... Quite phenomenal and mind blowing if you ask me....

VESmedic":333zb2e3 said:
I can pretty much tell all of you as well, since I know the sound of that profile, that probably had very little, if any ( Im guessing none if I had to guess) tweaking whatsoever to obtain that sound. Easy as download, select profile, play... No eqs etc.... Quite phenomenal and mind blowing if you ask me....

Really not too much tweaking the mids down a click or two and the presence up a click or two and that it. That profile to me is great.

dainbramage0":ih5dls17 said:
That sounds great!

The low end is punishing in that clip, that's the ISP sub at work?
Yep the sub has got some influence for sure. Ill do one with out it tonight after work so you can hear the difference. Still sounds great but with the ISP there is a little more omph...

dwizted":3kpkasud said:
dainbramage0":3kpkasud said:
That sounds great!

The low end is punishing in that clip, that's the ISP sub at work?
Yep the sub has got some influence for sure. Ill do one with out it tonight after work so you can hear the difference. Still sounds great but with the ISP there is a little more omph...
Sweet

Great stuff! Thx for sharing DW!
Can't wait till Kemper releases a GUI for the computer which will make things even easier.

Such a great unit that serves so many purposes.

:)

Back