Kemper Intelligent Harmonies - Thin Lizzy

I found that about the tuning as well when I tried playing along. It's sort of just lower than E, but not a step, just a bit.

really cool feature. I'd love to have a harmonizer true enough to play Maiden, Malmteen and others live as the sole guitarist. I never played in a two player band but love harmonizing lines and vocal lines witd guitar instead of voice.

Great clip! Shawn - harmonizer on the kemper is pretty good, I use it live for Boston, parts of whitesnake (is this love) and owner of a lonely heart, but just set to 5ths. :)

I don't think I'd use the harmonizer for recording unless it was a quick demo though, but for live it's good enough. Kemper needs to add a pan ability on the harmonies and a delay per harmony line so it's offset a tiny bit. It sounds ok now but it's too perfect.

What I want to know, is: Who the hell is singing? Did you find a backing track with Phil? :)

stratotone":2v8m3bcv said:
Great clip! Shawn - harmonizer on the kemper is pretty good, I use it live for Boston, parts of whitesnake (is this love) and owner of a lonely heart, but just set to 5ths. :)

I don't think I'd use the harmonizer for recording unless it was a quick demo though, but for live it's good enough. Kemper needs to add a pan ability on the harmonies and a delay per harmony line so it's offset a tiny bit. It sounds ok now but it's too perfect.

Me either Pete but the stage only has room for one guitar in my book so a good quality harmonizer is handy dandy :) When recording I never even arm multiple tracks recording the same source or cut, copy paste to double track, just re-rack (analog term in a digital world) 2,3,4 whatev times. The slight timing variations I think add some magic...think RR triple-tracked solos and spread out in the stereo mix..just wouldn't be the same cloning the initial track imho.

thanks for listening guys...it is better to track each guitar when recording but this was just a demo/test of the harmonizer.

Sounds good, love lots of harmonies.

SkyhighRocks":3shjvksr said:
The original recording of the song has a strange tuning...it seems to be a few cents off here or...

More than likely the tape speed was adjusted +/- when it was recorded.

Back