Kirks new les paul

He played his black LP Custom on the Cunning Stunts DVD. Credit where it’s due, it looked awesome back then. However, I have no idea what kind of total asshole would buy that KH LP though.

“Hey folks here’s a replica of one of Kirk Hammett’s D-list guitars he played like 8 times or some shit. Whatever, who cares, you dumb assholes will preorder anything we scratch any vaguely famous guy’s name onto. That’ll be I dunno how bout… $9,000. That’s absurdly high enough to make people think it must be special, right? Oh and just skip the EMG pickups he has famously used exclusively in almost every guitar, including this one, he's ever played in his entire career. Not like his idiot fans will know the difference. Eat shit you dumb rubes. Fuck you.” - Gibson

Last edited:
However, I have no idea what kind of total asshole would buy that KH LP though. “Hey folks here’s a replica of one of Kirk Hammett’s D-list guitars he played like 8 times or some shit. Whatever, who cares, you dumb assholes will preorder anything we scratch any vaguely famous guy’s name onto. That’ll be I dunno how bout… $9,000. That’s absurdly high enough to make people think it must be special, right? Eat shit you ridiculous fools. Fuck you.” - Gibson

Especially when a real 1989 costs a fraction of that lol. Same goes for the Cantrell Wino which was also based on a 90's LPC.

However Norlin Silverbursts also used to cost less than the Adam Jones Murphy Lab, but the price of the original went up after the replica came out.

You could get an ESP custom shop guitar for that much. Don’t know much about Kirk’s deal with both ESP and Gibson, but I don’t know a lot of artists endorsing two big name guitar brands.

$2K and probably just as good in terms of quality and feel:

1706159534802.png

You could get an ESP custom shop guitar for that much. Don’t know much about Kirk’s deal with both ESP and Gibson, but I don’t know a lot of artists endorsing two big name guitar brands.
The last time i filled out a Custom Order for a ESP and got the quote back (last year) it said 12K!!! I live in Germany so i dont know how much that would be in other States because that included taxes,fees and customs. It was nothing fancy at all. An Eclipse with a Quilted Maple Top, Mahogany Body/Neck with Ebony Board. 22 Frets, Set-thru. No special inlay or LED´s. 12K!!!

Yeah, ESP has been venturing into the please-just-stop-asking price range for some time with their custom shop. Jackson is getting there too. No real money in custom work for the bigger companies, I guess.

The USA doesn´t have the import tariffs that the EU does, so I suppose 12K is about a third more than what they´d pay for something coming from Japan over there. 9K is still a lot of money, basically unthinkable fifteen years ago.

Back