Kruse control amp mods

I talked to a few builders who got their amps back after he modded them and all of them had horror stories.

I still stand by original statement. If you don't like the amp you have sell it for something you do. For modern amps, I think the c37 mod or whatever on the 5153 is about as far as I would go unless it was something cheap like an origin.

1st time I had my amp modded by Jens all went good.. no complaints! Fast forward 2 years later and I wanted him to do the same mod with the same amp but only install a new main board in it. He gave me the price and I agreed. His tube prices were stupid high so I told him I got my own tubes direct from Ruby.. He goes off on Ruby and mentions me by name and how can they sell me tubes at dealer pricing (all you had to do was show you tax ID to be a reseller and I did have a registered business at the time).. then he starts going off that he undercharged me to replace the board.... then no communication at all.... for weeks.. then a family emergency...etc.. Fuckin guy was a whiny little bitch. Then calls me and says everything is good and something about karma and the fuckin earth rotation and the vibes..... WTF?! I got the amp back but I wouldnt send him a S.S. crate amp. Hopefully for his sake his methods have changed cause this shit happened a long time ago, but I would never send anything to him ever again!

Back