KT77 Genalex Gold Lion new with bad testing Values

Plattfuss

I bought brand new quartett KT77 from a Dealer I normally can trust. On my VT1000 Tester they reached Matched but Bad Values (Worn @5). JJ KT77 normally reached 9-10. Has anyone else made experience with bad testing values from Gold Lion KT77? Have Gold Lion a different Datashett from JJ? But a KT77 schould have KT77 Values?

Attachments

• IMG_20200103_202751.jpg
    IMG_20200103_202751.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 629
  • IMG_20200103_203358.jpg
    IMG_20200103_203358.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 621
Do they bias up appropriately in your amp? How do they sound? Where did you buy them?

Many testers are not all that accurate.

Those GL's tended to have very low TC numbers on my gear but were just fine. Sounded good, lasted a long time...

That said, I don't trust most new sensor tubes and their factory matching is equivalent to a 3 year old dressing him/herself...

Hey guys. I am not selling much right now. Gym grew much faster than expected and quality of tubes declined so I decided to focus on the gym at this point.

Had some issues when I was laid up a few years back (customers being douchebags...) so I decided that I wanted to spend my time doing something where I can actually do some good. Having dudes blow up my phone for tube questions and being irate that i was in the hospital made it clear to me that I needed to do something else...

Miss you guys and will try to jump on here more often!

Wow!! Laura, nice to see you back on the board :rock:
We missed you!!
Life's too short. Focus on what makes you happy.
I loved buying tubes from you ( and I swear, I never called you once :LOL: :LOL: )
Sucks that a couple of douche bags can ruin it for you, and the rest of us too.
Jim Morrison was right: People are Strange :yes:

Laura , sorry to hear you went through that with the tube business. Glad to hear your gym is doing well.

the4thlast1":3irj2yr1 said:
Laura , sorry to hear you went through that with the tube business. Glad to hear your gym is doing well.
I started that as a hobby in fairness and it was growing but sometimes life throws us a curve ball and we have to figure out what direction to take. Strength and conditioning saved my life so suddenly buying a little gym down the road from us to keep it open and see it grow made sense. We have since doubled our square footage and our membership and my athletic training clientele has grown tremendously. Not sure why these kids like having some old gal showing them how to squat, deadlift and bench but for some reason they just keep coming back! haha

Good for you! Definitely miss your reliability with tubes!!! Very glad to hear your involved in health and fitness. People underestimate the quality of fitness gyms. It's boring in some ways yet its life saving. Without health nothing else matters! Especially with our health system and its growing pain staking expense and yet the care isnt there. A gym is a way to stay healthier period! Nothing is promised but your odds are damn better with a healthy lifestyle!!! Drink, workout , rock music!! Cheers

Laura":3i2w9qc3 said:
Hey guys. I am not selling much right now. Gym grew much faster than expected and quality of tubes declined so I decided to focus on the gym at this point.

Had some issues when I was laid up a few years back (customers being douchebags...) so I decided that I wanted to spend my time doing something where I can actually do some good. Having dudes blow up my phone for tube questions and being irate that i was in the hospital made it clear to me that I needed to do something else...

Miss you guys and will try to jump on here more often!

I hear you on the " customers being douchbags" I spent 20-25 years in music retail and yeah..it was a great way to make a living and lots of fun but, with the guitar centers and musicians friends making it tough...douchebag customers are the ones that really sucked the life out of it.. Glad to hear your doin ok!! :)

Laura":1392q6yn said:
the4thlast1":1392q6yn said:
I started that as a hobby in fairness and it was growing but sometimes life throws us a curve ball and we have to figure out what direction to take. Strength and conditioning saved my life so suddenly buying a little gym down the road from us to keep it open and see it grow made sense. We have since doubled our square footage and our membership and my athletic training clientele has grown tremendously. Not sure why these kids like having some old gal showing them how to squat, deadlift and bench but for some reason they just keep coming back! haha
:cry:

So sorry to hear that. You don't have to share if you don't want to. Didn't know you were in the hospital. Glad you are better :yes: Also sorry to hear about your tube business but glad you found something else to put your heart into.

My SED =C= are running great in the ol' Splawn. Is your band still going?

311splawndude":2sv2rza1 said:
Laura":2sv2rza1 said:
the4thlast1":2sv2rza1 said:
:cry:

So sorry to hear that. You don't have to share if you don't want to. Didn't know you were in the hospital. Glad you are better :yes: Also sorry to hear about your tube business but glad you found something else to put your heart into.

My SED =C= are running great in the ol' Splawn. Is your band still going?

I had a hysterectomy almost 6 years ago and almost died. A year of hell but I am back and stronger than ever. Playing guitar and band is still together just got busy as hell and not playing as much but we are playing. Our daughters graduated HS last year and started college in different cities so it has been a wild ride these last few years...

I am not sorry about the tube biz. I had to make a decision as there are only so many hours in the day and I had to make a choice. Poorly manage 2 small businesses or do something great with just one. :rock:

I have a quad of GL KT77. They sound good, but went way out of match, and rattle in a short period of time. Just have them shelved for now, might try to match two up, and put them in a 50w.

Back