Laboga + Mr Hector = Bad As Fuck!!

Oblivion DC

Just got off the phone with Derek at Rock Solid Amps and put my order in for my new cab, which I'm hoping will be here by the middle of November. Before I got off the phone with him, Derek let me hear a new amp that he's gonna be carrying and it just about blew my socks off!! It's made by a Polish company called Laboga (I've never heard of them but some of you guys might have, so sing out if you know anything) and it's sick as hell!! I had my heart set on a Soldano SLO100 but there might be a change of plans now.

What do you all think?
Laboga - Mr Hector

Mr_Hector.jpg

Inearthed":db455 said:
Jeff Waters of Annihilator used a Mr Hector, but now he has a Mr Hector with an added seperate effects loop on the Drive channel
So did they make him a custom or did he just have it modded?

Well when they first came out, someone on here (can't remember who) looked it over and said that ti was really risky quality. Loose tube sockets, bad sodering, the tolex wasn't even completely covering the whole head, staples for tolex were completely visible. I don't know, maybe they are better now or maybe that was a faulty head or something, but for as badass as they sound and their price, one would think they would be much better quality.

hi guys!

I have the new Laboga amps and cabs and distribute them in romania. they are very good and reliable built and sound amazing. my top choice is the mr. hector, which has a darker sound than the Alligator series (those have 4 x EL84). the annihilator model is also produced, and it's actually a mr. hector with two loops, one for each channel.
the cabs also sound very good! the guitar player of one of romanian's best rock bands throwed his marshall cabs and changed to Laboga 2 x 12"... they have big "balls" and are pretty too...

Laboga were sold by one of germanies biggest music equipment retailers "musicstore.de" under the brand name of "Fame" not so long ago. They were dirt-cheap at the time. Now they are sold with their Laboga name on them and suddenly cost almost twice as much. :confused:
They now are priced just like Peavy, Engl or the like...

There are still some amps sold under the Fame brand, but i'm not sure if they still are build by Laboga...

mibu":5bfdb said:
hi guys!

I have the new Laboga amps and cabs and distribute them in romania. they are very good and reliable built and sound amazing. my top choice is the mr. hector, which has a darker sound than the Alligator series (those have 4 x EL84). the annihilator model is also produced, and it's actually a mr. hector with two loops, one for each channel.
the cabs also sound very good! the guitar player of one of romanian's best rock bands throwed his marshall cabs and changed to Laboga 2 x 12"... they have big "balls" and are pretty too...

Cool dude!!
Thanks for the input. What I heard coming from DerekB's place sounded killer! I've still not come across anyone who has owned one but I'll probably take the plunge and get myself one for Christmas. Two channel switchable, w/two master volumes for a lead boost type thing, switchable 50/100 watt power, independent bright switches for clean and lead channels, a mid shift switch, tube or solid state rectifier and an effects loop.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

the fame amps are still built by Laboga, but with cheapo parts and other schematics as the Laboga labeled amps.
the new Laboga amps sound at least as good as the concurrence in their price range (personally I like them better than peavey or engl...).

mibu":3c54f said:
the fame amps are still built by Laboga, but with cheapo parts and other schematics as the Laboga labeled amps.
the new Laboga amps sound at least as good as the concurrence in their price range (personally I like them better than peavey or engl...).

I think that it'll sound great with the new ENGL cab I have on order. The Laboga website recommends v30 speakers so I've got that covered :thumbsup:

What I heard sounded really aggressive on the lead channel and the clean channel was pretty nice too.

you're right! but the amp is really versatile - from cleans for jazzy playin' to crunchy rock sounds to metal agressiveness. but the amp still has it's own unique character!

I can't recommend enough the Laboga cabs (all vith V30's). those sound very ballsy...

Oblivion DC":27787 said:
Inearthed":27787 said:
Jeff Waters of Annihilator used a Mr Hector, but now he has a Mr Hector with an added seperate effects loop on the Drive channel

He has a "Annihilator" version. Only difference is the cosmetics and the extra loop (according to the site).

Inearthed":2d460 said:
Oblivion DC":2d460 said:
Inearthed":2d460 said:

He has a "Annihilator" version. Only difference is the cosmetics and the extra loop (according to the site).

Cool - thanks for the info man.

Inearthed":fe5bc said:
Oblivion DC":fe5bc said:
Inearthed":fe5bc said:

Damn!! Same amp but with cooler cosmetics and two series loops! :thumbsup:

Annihilator.jpg

Inearthed":8ff88 said:
Oblivion DC":8ff88 said:
Inearthed":8ff88 said:

Man, I like the look of the Annihiliator!!!

Bob Savage":1c075 said:
Man, I like the look of the Annihiliator!!!

Yeah me too! It's gonna be my next big purchase - looks like it'll have to wait til sometime in January but it will be gotten.
:rock:

Back