Laney gh50l or gh100l...

Of course it wont. You need a couple of those backup singers from Motley and 1/2 oz of coke and some Monte Alban mescal. Then and only will you realize the true potential of your amps. Note; Ive heard tales that one those backup singers could take a 100 marshall head up the ass. Watch out for that, you could dissappear.

Of course it wont. You need a couple of those backup singers from Motley and 1/2 oz of coke and some Monte Alban mescal. Then and only will you realize the true potential of your amps. Note; Ive heard tales that one those backup singers could take a 100 marshall head up the ass. Watch out for that, you could dissappear.
I said "cure" not "crue"....

I found a jcm2000 dsl locally but I don't really want to take a chance on it. Bias drift and the board conductivity and all that.

They’re not the same as what I’ve got. You either like the gain or you don’t - it’s very fuzzy.

I had a GH50L for a while - great amp IMO

It does have British flavor but a bit more modern sounding and gainy than a classic Marshall IMO

I had a GH50L for a while - great amp IMO

It does have British flavor but a bit more modern sounding and gainy than a classic Marshall IMO
Yep had one back in the day...back then I kinda compared it to a Marshallized 5150. Oddly I wish I still owned it, not sure how much play it would get but one that I wished I still owned.

What's crazy is the GH50, the JSX, Ultra Plus, 5150...those are the amps I wished I still owned. Not other things I used to own like an SLO, VHT Ultra Lead, Bogner, Boogie's. I honestly seemed to enjoy those amps more. Maybe it was because of the price point, they were affordable back in the day and sounded great. For something like an SLO I'd work my ass off, save, peddle, you name it to get it and then it'd be like - I like my 5150 more. I don't know, guess I'm just weird or nostalgic for wanting to add those amps back.

I really rate the Laney GH amps, voicing-wise they are probably closer to an Orange Rockerverb than a Marshall - loads of gain, less attack and spongier low end than a Marshall, greasy feel, lots of fun.

They can sometimes sound cool but compared to a marshall they sound a bit fuzzy and boxy.
If you know a good amp modder there are a few simple tweaks to make to make them a juicy boosted 800

Back