Laptops lost...headline festival gig cancelled!

This would be sad if it wasn’t fucking hysterical. Had no idea who these guys were before this news broke, but holy fuck it’s horrible...if you can’t get up on a stage and deliver with actual instruments you don’t deserve to be there.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/falli...tops-its-like-driving-a-car-without-an-engine

It's probably to do with click track control of lighting, stage FX, samples And countless other elements.

Click tracks arent just about timing for the musicians and it's not about drummers not being able to keep time.

Like many things, tech has made apparent big production value available to all. If you watch things like A year and a half in the life of Metallica, during One, there's literally a guy drumming on pads/buttons controlling the lights for the heavy section.

That kind of setup is expensive and was the territory of big stadium acts.

With automation, it's all triggered in exact time with the music, and not just lighting, but Pyrotechnics etc.

Festival appearances are big open air things, obviously. I can understand the criticism if it was a small venue or intimate gig, but festivals you have to stand out, and standing out, most of the time, means drawing attention to yourself over and above the music, and these guys appear to be headlining.

Last edited:
This is freaking funny. I wonder if these guys are part of the band...

1664439504812.png

I understand running samples, clicks, etc is a thing for large bands like these dudes… but certainly you can scrape by doing a bare bones performance. Also, they don’t keep backups of this important shit? You could even keep your session in a cloud based storage and rent a laptop for the gig. It sounds like these twerps didn’t even try or maybe want to play the gig.

It's a bit pathetic to me... I'm old school & love the plug & play bands (though I stage manage a festival every year and I have seen NASA sized sampling/trigger rigs as well as laptop run tracks).. but 2 things stood out to me that made it even more pathetic -
1.) He blamed his crew and 2.) if it's THAT important, you have a backup

Sorry, no empathy for them from me

This would be sad if it wasn’t fucking hysterical. Had no idea who these guys were before this news broke, but holy fuck it’s horrible...if you can’t get up on a stage and deliver with actual instruments you don’t deserve to be there.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/falli...tops-its-like-driving-a-car-without-an-engine
ROFL modelers fail yet again!

Edit: Also living for all these roasts in this thread.

Someone get them menstrual pads so they can perform ffs.

It's probably to do with click track control of lighting, stage FX, samples And countless other elements.

Click tracks arent just about timing for the musicians and it's not about drummers not being able to keep time.

Like many things, tech has made apparent big production value available to all. If you watch things like A year and a half in the life of Metallica, during One, there's literally a guy drumming on pads/buttons controlling the lights for the heavy section.

That kind of setup is expensive and was the territory of big stadium acts.

With automation, it's all triggered in exact time with the music, and not just lighting, but Pyrotechnics etc.

Festival appearances are big open air things, obviously. I can understand the criticism if it was a small venue or intimate gig, but festivals you have to stand out, and standing out, most of the time, means drawing attention to yourself over and above the music, and these guys appear to be headlining.
They also use backing tracks.

"It's like driving a car without an engine"
No - more like without GPS or heated seats... many before you managed without your little "comforts".
I actually looked these clowns up... they're like a cross between evanescence and Limp Bizkit. Nothing groundbreaking that couldn't be done with a drumset, vocal mic, synth, a guitarist and a bassist.
Massive fail.

How do you not have a backup of “the foundation” of your show? Borrow some ritilan and program that shit overnight like an adult. Sounds more like a weak excuse not to go.

Back