Latest scumbag seller...

Mesa would be smart to reissue the chrome Blackface version with the sought after specs and send these opportunistic jerks back to the rock they crawled out from under.

Last edited:
I am not mad ...
I just think he's a greedy no shame dickhead scumbag douche wad schmuck, but other than that I'm sure he's probably a nice guy.

Last edited:
Drugs are bad........

i see ads like this, laugh and ask what is he smoking so i can get some?? or i say he must be posting it at that price to keep the wife happy thinking hes really trying to sell his Rev C which is a well thought out move. either way, im clicking off the ad and going about my day, many here seem to really get tender feelings over this stuff and come and make threads complaining and i honestly just dont understand

i see ads like this, laugh and ask what is he smoking so i can get some?? or i say he must be posting it at that price to keep the wife happy thinking hes really trying to sell his Rev C which is a well thought out move. either way, im clicking off the ad and going about my day, many here seem to really get tender feelings over this stuff and come and make threads complaining and i honestly just dont understand

I'm kind of in this camp as well. Nobody with any sense is going to pay anything close to that price. The seller is either insane or, like you said, trying to prove to somebody that he's "really totally trying to sell it, honest!"

I don't think it's the actual adds themselves or the outrageous asking price that infuriates people. That stuff always going to be there. In any other time most would look at it any say look at this dumbass and that stupid price, laugh, and move on.

But now the entire world has been having such a rough time the last several years and events seem to not want to let up. In the gear world it's the shortages and working musicians having such a hard time. It's the idea of these bastards trying to take advantage of what is an already dire situation. It's the same thing I see in my area when a hurricane hits. People trying to rebuild and assbag scammers taking advantage of people when they're already at such a low point.

Yeah, I know rebuilding from a natural disaster isn't on the same level as some rando listing gear at an insane price. But the world is at a low point and core connection of someone trying to take advantage of the situation and desperate people is there. It hits closer to home for some. Plus the best way to combat it is to continually point it out so other don't get taken advantage of.

I don't think it's the actual adds themselves or the outrageous asking price that infuriates people. That stuff always going to be there. In any other time most would look at it any say look at this dumbass and that stupid price, laugh, and move on.

But now the entire world has been having such a rough time the last several years and events seem to not want to let up. In the gear world it's the shortages and working musicians having such a hard time. It's the idea of these bastards trying to take advantage of what is an already dire situation. It's the same thing I see in my area when a hurricane hits. People trying to rebuild and assbag scammers taking advantage of people when they're already at such a low point.

Yeah, I know rebuilding from a natural disaster isn't on the same level as some rando listing gear at an insane price. But the world is at a low point and core connection of someone trying to take advantage of the situation and desperate people is there. It hits closer to home for some. Plus the best way to combat it is to continually point it out so other don't get taken advantage of.
You hit the nail on the head with this. :2thumbsup:

well thats why i dont understand, i would never look at an ad for an overpriced recto and start thinking about and comparing it to scammers of natural disasters :dunno: nor would i waste any of my time trying to be the police of whatever assumed situation. maybe im still old school in that id rather laugh and go about my way than looking for something to be outraged to fight against

I always laugh at ads like these! I would like to hope its for the wifes sake but I know guys who really think their gear is worth WAAAYYY more than it actually is. LOL "Even so and so on Youtube said these are getting hard to find" and my response is always "So your gonna jack up the price 3-4 times what its worth?" Then I always get the It'll sell..someone will buy it or the ever popular If it doesnt sellI I'll keep it.

I couldnt care less what someone asks for THEIR gear, but if your selling to another musician why not price fairly? Years ago I had a Rev. C that I got direct from Mesa.. needed $$ for something that came up and I priced it at what I needed which was quite a bit. I had a lot of guys tell me I was nuts and it sold within 2 weeks. Still wish I had it but oh well, got something I have wanted since I was a kid so....LOL

I always laugh at ads like these! I would like to hope its for the wifes sake but I know guys who really think their gear is worth WAAAYYY more than it actually is. LOL "Even so and so on Youtube said these are getting hard to find" and my response is always "So your gonna jack up the price 3-4 times what its worth?" Then I always get the It'll sell..someone will buy it or the ever popular If it doesnt sellI I'll keep it.

I couldnt care less what someone asks for THEIR gear, but if your selling to another musician why not price fairly? Years ago I had a Rev. C that I got direct from Mesa.. needed $$ for something that came up and I priced it at what I needed which was quite a bit. I had a lot of guys tell me I was nuts and it sold within 2 weeks. Still wish I had it but oh well, got something I have wanted since I was a kid so....LOL

i know car guys with the same attitude, their cars have been "for sale" for 20 years at double the worth cause "hey if someone wants it bad enough..", they know its never gonna sell though. i dont think putting a car or amp on a public auction site with that thought though puts them on the level of someone maliciously profiting off someones misfortunes. i hope its for the wifes sake and that bitch has now shut'd the fuck up

It would only upset me if it was something I really needed right now and no others were available.
Other than that,I could care less what someone wants to charge for something that can be found fairly easily somewhere else.
I have a USA Washburn Dime Slime(3rd gen)in crazy great condition. I wouldn't let it go for less than 10k now.
And a Washburn one-off prototype quit top cross that would be spendy if someone wanted it.
Some Dime fans would throw a fit seeing that price,but other collectors know that's what they go for now.

But I don't get bent about someone trying to make money,especially when I see a ridiculous price on fairly common gear.
Let the buyer beware. Like the guy who started the Doug's tubes thread. Classic!!

The seller and the previous owner are both regular posters here... Maybe they'll chime in.

Just to be devil's advocate- last year I sold my blackface / chrome Triple F for $3600 F/F. If I would have sold it on Reverb this year, to put $3600 in my pocket I would have had to sell it for roughly $4930.
-$345 in Reverb / PayPal fees
-$987 in income taxes when I claim the 1099 amount at the end of the year. (Give or take depending on a person's tax bracket)

No one would pay that these days though so if I wanted to sell on Reverb I'd have to take it in the shorts. If you think sellers are high now, wait till next year after they get their first rounds of 1099s.

I'll also add that thanks to Fluff's Ridiculous Reverb Listings series, I've noticed more crackhead prices on reverb than ever. Could be they want to make it on his show? :loco: I would hope not and think its probably more coincidental due to the current market climate/trends.

The seller and the previous owner are both regular posters here... Maybe they'll chime in.

Just to be devil's advocate- last year I sold my blackface / chrome Triple F for $3600 F/F. If I would have sold it on Reverb this year, to put $3600 in my pocket I would have had to sell it for roughly $4930.
-$345 in Reverb / PayPal fees
-$987 in income taxes when I claim the 1099 amount at the end of the year. (Give or take depending on a person's tax bracket)

No one would pay that these days though so if I wanted to sell on Reverb I'd have to take it in the shorts. If you think sellers are high now, wait till next year after they get their first rounds of 1099s.
20% to the tax man? You sure about that?

I did actually sell my blackface dual rev F for 5k usd (not including shipping) last year. I dint even it have it for sale, I was just offered the cash thru Facebook .

Back