Les Paul custom lite’s….

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
What is everyone’s opinion on these? Specifically the ones from the 2010’s with the coil tap…..compared to standard customs…..sounds, playability….tonez….

Aesthetically I hate that they have pearloid blocks instead of MOP. I've not played one but assume the thinner body would be similar to an ESP Eclipse, which feel great.

I've had good experiences with Gibson quality, so I'm sure they play great.

Not sure about the 2010 version. But I have one from 87. A showcase edition. And it’s bloody awesome! Very similar to my eclipse.

My buddy has a black one, its looks normal til you see it from the side and notice its twice as thin basically. I'm scared to look at what the prices are for them now though 👀

I know a guy who has one. He plays it through a Twin. No overdrive or distortion, always clean. Sounds great. He loves that guitar.

Geez that’s pricey—I picked the one in my avatar up for $1400 locally in pretty good shape. Nice guitar, at 8.5lbs I wouldn’t call it exactly ‘lite’. Neck is the ‘rounded’ shape like on the non slim taper SGs—a little on the smaller side for me so it doesn’t get a ton of play.

IMG_6458.png

Back