Lexicon MPX G2

mboogman

So I have a G2 on its way to me, but it's got Version 1.0 chip. I know a few if you guys out there are using this unit, and I had a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have an extra 1.1 rom chip that I could buy off of them, and

2. How important is it to get the 1.1 upgrade anyway?

Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Kyle

Just give Lexicon a call. If you give them the serial number they will send it to you for free. At least that's what they did for me.
Mike

mboogman":3m1usmr7 said:
So I have a G2 on its way to me, but it's got Version 1.0 chip. I know a few if you guys out there are using this unit, and I had a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have an extra 1.1 rom chip that I could buy off of them, and

2. How important is it to get the 1.1 upgrade anyway?

Any input would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Kyle

1. Call Lexicon, as they still have them in stock. I got another one here about 2 months ago. I have 4 MPXG2s all at V1.1

2. Yes V1.1 is DEFINITELY a must have. Biggest change is that you can set the "dry mix" level of every effect. So that way you can do more of a wet / dry setup. I had tons of issues geting effects levels set right without it. With it, it works flawlessly. There's a reason why I have 4 MPXG2s, and keep on using them. They are killer effect processors!

Eric

Roddy":6imqvzsy said:
Can you buy a new MPX G2, or are they discontinued??? If so, where could one find one??

They are discontinued. I have 4...and no you can't have one!!!

eBay is a good place...or watch the Used area on Guitar Center's website. I've found one there for a great price that was MINT!

You might be bidding against me on eBay though. I'm probably gonna get a 5th as a spare! :)

fuck. Looks like I need to try one now.

I just started the multiple unit game again.

2 blackface intellifexes. I can't believe how quiet these are, and how well they operate in series.

2 Roland SDE-2500's. Wow. These just sound wonderful. One of the few old rack units with tap tempo too! :rock: :rock:

guitarslinger":2g2cxczh said:
fuck. Looks like I need to try one now.

I just started the multiple unit game again.

2 blackface intellifexes. I can't believe how quiet these are, and how well they operate in series.

2 Roland SDE-2500's. Wow. These just sound wonderful. One of the few old rack units with tap tempo too! :rock: :rock:

Dude..come on over and try em out at my place! :) Egnater amp fest at my house!!! Get muudrock...Evink...etc over here. Even fly in Matt / Nick... Have Jeff come down w/ that Red IE4 / power amp combo!! I have enough egnater amps for everyone!!! ahhahaah :)

hello!

About the Lexicon: Is there any latence when changing from a patch to another?

I have an Intellifex too, very great piece of gear! :thumbsup:

black_wizards":25sfo8zy said:
hello!

About the Lexicon: Is there any latence when changing from a patch to another?

I have an Intellifex too, very great piece of gear! :thumbsup:

Not if setup properly. If you load down a patch with using all the memory / cpu..there can be a slight change.

With my setup of 1 MPXG2 in series and 1 in parallel...I can't notice a change at all.

Eric

Got my v 1.1 chip on it's way. Can't wait to get it all set up for good. My first impressions are it's probably the processor I've been needing for years. I might even add the MPX1 at some point from my company's rental stock for verbs and delays in the parallel loop. Next, I think I need to find a VHT Valvulator or something similar, since my Pedal power is a bit overkill for my 3 remaining pedals.

mboogman":3cfqa2sq said:
Got my v 1.1 chip on it's way. Can't wait to get it all set up for good. My first impressions are it's probably the processor I've been needing for years. I might even add the MPX1 at some point from my company's rental stock for verbs and delays in the parallel loop. Next, I think I need to find a VHT Valvulator or something similar, since my Pedal power is a bit overkill for my 3 remaining pedals.

Just get 2 MPXG2s man... :) That's the reason why I have 4 MPXG2s ;) I'd recommend against the Valvulator...not a huge fan of it. It caused noise in my rig when I had one. I'd stick with the pedal power honestly.

Eric

Really I think i need a high quality buffer. For the longest time, I've used my Homebrew CPR compressor to drive the rest of my rig, and feel I might be happier without the compression on all the time. I've seen some people mention the axxess buffer and like it. Maybe I should check one of those out then instead of the valvulator. It's also much less expensive than the valvulator.

mboogman":2dtwthf6 said:
Really I think i need a high quality buffer. For the longest time, I've used my Homebrew CPR compressor to drive the rest of my rig, and feel I might be happier without the compression on all the time. I've seen some people mention the axxess buffer and like it. Maybe I should check one of those out then instead of the valvulator. It's also much less expensive than the valvulator.

I switched from the Valvulator to the Axess Electronics BS2. Much better, much quieter...less noise...and after having the tube crap out in the Valvulator twice in 2 months (and it's a BITCH to replace)...I was done w/ the valvulator. I didn't realize how much it sucks after removing it.

So I finally got in my V 1.10 chip. I am surprised ay how much of a difference it makes. At first (with v1.0) I was a little worried about the volume drop when I engaged the effects, but now with the dry mix ability, it makes everything better. I am also finally getting all of "my" presets set up, and really digging it.

Many thanks to aeroic for helping the light bulb go off in my head, and leading me to getting the processor I've been waiting for for years.

Kyle

I know this was an old thread, I hope that some of you gents can answer some questions I have about the Lexicon...

I have recently given up on the amp modeling associated with the MPX G2. I had used it for a long time, but it sure doesn't beat the sound of a class a amp.

I want to use the effects still of the processor, but I want everything to run through the Lexicon. I.E. I would like to be able to switch channels from my floorboard for the Lexicon and not have another stop box down there. If I am going to do that, I will just re-do everything and start over.

So my question. If I have a patch that is clean, heavy reverb and some delay and I want to switch to another patch, which would be my amp head tone, can the Lexicon accommodate that? If not, is there something out there that will do that? Do I have to get individual stop boxes?

Help!

Lost in Space":2pd5eeab said:
I know this was an old thread, I hope that some of you gents can answer some questions I have about the Lexicon...

I have recently given up on the amp modeling associated with the MPX G2. I had used it for a long time, but it sure doesn't beat the sound of a class a amp.

I want to use the effects still of the processor, but I want everything to run through the Lexicon. I.E. I would like to be able to switch channels from my floorboard for the Lexicon and not have another stop box down there. If I am going to do that, I will just re-do everything and start over.

So my question. If I have a patch that is clean, heavy reverb and some delay and I want to switch to another patch, which would be my amp head tone, can the Lexicon accommodate that? If not, is there something out there that will do that? Do I have to get individual stop boxes?

Help!

I believe the setup is somewhat described in the manual...you can download it.

Lost in Space":ce53bglm said:

Help!

You can most definitely do this.
One of the most essential features of the G2 when it came out back in the 90's was being able to insert an amp head (with an fx loop or return) in the the G2 signal path. Now, the Axe FX and many other guitar processors have followed suit, so you can have fx from the unit both in front of the amp (like gain based pedal models) and after it (delays and verbs). The easiest way to facilitate your A/B will be creating two presets, and alternate between them with foot switcher. Look up connections options in the manual. Much easier to learn with a picture. If you already understand this, my apologies.
Hope this helps...

Back