Looking for a new OD for the board!

If you're looking for gain, compression and miles of sustain, I don't think you could go wrong with the Soul Driven.
Exactly why I sold it. Just too much for me.
Hermida Mosferatu is like that - sustain for days, but so much gain & compression that I seldom use it.
I've got the early three-knob version and have been tempted to sell - but what it does, it does really well.

Hard to beat a Tumnus. I like the mini, more straight forward. I also like the Suhr Koko v1 for some applications. Buxon is very good but too many options I did not use so it got booted. :m17:

Waiting for my email alert that a Red Dragon is coming my way right now. I swore them off a few months ago until I get some delay/modulation pedals, but when they pop up and shit’s $100 a pop, it’s REALLY hard to say no!
Cool - I like those combination trebleboost/fuzzface pedals; I've got a White Dragon and a 'black glass' germanium BBB.
Both great boxes. Both from all-too-tempting SNS deals over the years.

Cool - I like those combination trebleboost/fuzzface pedals; I've got a White Dragon and a 'black glass' germanium BBB.
Both great boxes. Both from all-too-tempting SNS deals over the years.

Indeed, that’s what I love the most about the Dover’s, on some parts of the neck they’re a dirt pedal, others they’re a fuzz pedal. That germanium Dover is really something else, that’s the one pedal I‘m going to buy a few of because I never want to NOT have one around. I’ve got the OG Dover and the BC178 but the GE is magic in a box.

I was using a ZIO for the EPLEX but I've been able to get close to that with my Golden Pearl. The ZIO has a cool low cut setting but I was able to replicate this with the Buxom setting the tight knob lower and bumping level, etc. Hence, I got rid of the ZIO - I may get another one day.

I ordered the Dirty Shirley and I want to get the Soul Driven to compare.

I use 2 depending: Griff’s 808 and a Wampler Tumnus mini. Both different and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything but…. As always depends on your final sound/genre you are looking for…. I also use 2 different EQs which changes things as well
Genres are mostly 90s/2000s rock/alt rock/grunge/some metal.

I was using a ZIO for the EPLEX but I've been able to get close to that with my Golden Pearl. The ZIO has a cool low cut setting but I was able to replicate this with the Buxom setting the tight knob lower and bumping level, etc. Hence, I got rid of the ZIO - I may get another one day.

I ordered the Dirty Shirley and I want to get the Soul Driven to compare.
Never owned the DS pedal, but owned the head and the Twin Sister head.
They don't compare to the Soul Driven's gain, sustain or compression.
They aren't as shiny.

Of course this is my opinion and a subjective one at that...

Prince of Tone. Buy direct from Analog Man but you've gotta set your alarm right as they are released each week.

Hey bro! I have a couple awesome reccs

Greer Amps Lightspeed! Its like a tube screamer with extra sauce.

Benson Preamp! Its a great first stage gain, and stacks awesome with...

Browne Amplification Carbon! Its like a Marshall Blues Breaker made with super high quality parts!

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to order any from an awesome small business :)

Cheers, and as always
EVH 4EVER
- Drew // Barnett Music Exchange
Tulsa, OK 918.970.4069

Picked up a Direwolf. Great pedal, but I just don't know if it will knock the Golden Pearl off my board. I don't need as many options as are within the Direwolf. Versatile pedal for sure.
I really only use the Golden Pearl for leads on my crunch or medium gain channels and amps. I can get the GP and DW to sound fairly identical.

I had the Soul Driven but sold it as I found my Golden Pearl to sound and feel bigger.

you know I thought about using Griffin Audio ..... but I think I had actually found another company named that ...

Griffin Analog is a better description though ............ I'm a " nothing digital in my signal chain " kind of guy ... I don't mind digitally controlled anolg circuits .... but the signal path has to remain analog for me .

for PSGuitar .... the pedals mentioned above are ones I'm currently running ...
View attachment 251168
View attachment 251171
View attachment 251174
I'm interested to learn more about the Imperial 808.

I am a fan of the Nobels ODR1. But I just got the Noble Screamer by Keeley and I really like it. It sort of combines a TS type and a Nobels type. I guess I am not as much of a metal player as more of a rock n roll player these days. Love the feel and boost it adds without being obnoxious. I am more into subtle ODs these days.

Klon KTR, Xotic BB pre, Analog Man Prince of Tone get most use on my board. With a Fender YJM strat into a Marshall I love DOD YJM308 and Fender YJM OD.

I used the Xotic BB on my old board with my previous Shiva 20th.

I recently tried the Xotic Soul Bender and Source Audio Zio. I just bought a High wind Dirwwolf and really like it!

I want to get a Warm Audio Odd Box and Electric Eye Mud Killer as well.

Then I'll take a break from buying pedals. Otherwise, it's maddening

Last edited:
For creamy I'd say a klon. Any klon clone will do they're all good. I really like the j rockitt and wampler klons.

My name finally came up for an Analogman King of Tone.
I have and have had gobs of overdrives. The KOT is easily one of my favorites. I'd even say in the top 3. Way better than the Prince of Tone, imo.
Barber makes some great overdrives. Fulldrive 2 Non Mosfet and Tim can be warm and creamy.

The dirty Shirley would be more of a distortion than an OD. Friedman OD is the golden pearl, it's not bad but not great. I think the smallbox pedal would still have more gain than a true od. Perhaps a ts808hw or a klon clone?

Back