Looking for Amp Suggestions

goHAM!

I play bass in my band and just have been neglecting my guitars for far too long. I want to get back into it but I would like to get a new amp as my current one was purchased out of necessity back in the day rather than by choice. I'm looking for something that is smaller (like a lunchbox style that can also be gigged) but has nice cleans and a more high gain lead channel. Been watching video comparisons of the PRS MT15 and ENGL Fireball 25. The last amp I had that I loved was a 5150 but back then I didn't care about clean channels haha.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

I'm just going to list a few amps. Feel free to check any out-

Orange Rockerverb. Great clean channel and a highly flexible OD channel
Laney Ironheart
The Synergy System
Peavey Invective
Kemper

Check out Guitarjon's youtube channel Sonic Drive Studio. He's into lunchbox amps and has a bunch of good comparison videos. Here's a good one to start with.

Off the top of my head here's a few that might be what you're looking for. In no particular order
PRS MT15
Victory Kraken <-this one is a full fledged 50 watt amp in lunchbox size
5150 III
ENGL Ironball
Synergy Syn 2, a good power amp, and a clean & high gain module
Mesa Recto 25 or Mark 25
Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister
One of the Marshall lunchbox amps (probably would need a boost for really high gain)

I want to add something to the 5150 III suggestions. There's a couple of different ones with either 6L6 or EL34 tubes. That's for the 50 watt ones. There's also the 15 watt version with EL84s. I don't think one is better than the others, it's more matter of needs and taste. Just something to point out if you do look at them.

I play bass in my band and just have been neglecting my guitars for far too long. I want to get back into it but I would like to get a new amp as my current one was purchased out of necessity back in the day rather than by choice. I'm looking for something that is smaller (like a lunchbox style that can also be gigged) but has nice cleans and a more high gain lead channel. Been watching video comparisons of the PRS MT15 and ENGL Fireball 25. The last amp I had that I loved was a 5150 but back then I didn't care about clean channels haha.

Let me know if I'm missing something.
EVH 5153 50w 6l6. Way better then MT 15. Better CLEANS, tons of gain. Blue boosted is a BEAST!!! Smallish in size.

Get any compact Markbass and tie distortion stomp to it to have od channel 😁
Really. They’re sounds great but compact and weights not that much

I’m a big fan of the Mesa Mark V 25, and Bogner Atma. Other guitar player in my band uses a Engl 25 watt head

Back