Looks like my new Pink Taco is a reconditioned used amp

57Strat777

Hi all - Last week I ordered a brand new Friedman Pink Taco PT-20 from Musician's Friend. The amp arrived sealed in the Friedman factory packaging. This morning I removed the chassis to admire the hand wiring and I noticed these markings and a return authorization number on the side of the chassis. I am not too pleased that I received a used repaired amp when I paid for a new amp. This was a major purchase for me and I saved for 6 months to buy this amp. If anyone from Friedman reads this, please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks!

IMG_4593%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Can you email me this picture at Friedmanamps@gamil.com. Try and return it for another with them. Sorry for the trouble. Other option is see if you can get a big discount on it. If it came back for repair it most likely was a tube or something and is fully up to specs after we are done.

Keep the amp, Dave will take care of you if there's ever a problem!!!

Call Musicians Friend and complain for sure, make sure they give you a BIG discount. Maybe get it for 1/2 price? But don't worry about the amp at all. It might seem like bad luck getting this repaired Pink Taco. Really though it's actually good luck because it's a Friedman, and Friedman stands behind all their amps.

Umyeahyeahyeah":31w05cow said:
Keep the amp, Dave will take care of you if there's ever a problem!!!

Call Musicians Friend and complain for sure, make sure they give you a BIG discount. Maybe get it for 1/2 price? But don't worry about the amp at all. It might seem like bad luck getting this repaired Pink Taco. Really though it's actually good luck because it's a Friedman, and Friedman stands behind all their amps.

Friedman def stands by his amps. They are top notch and stand up guys. Thats not the problem. Musicians friend fraudulantly sold you a used and refurbrished amp as new. Screw the discount. I wouldn't let them have any of my money after that. Send it back and buy it from somebody else. Let them worry about selling a refurb amp, regardless of how good condition it is in.

Thanks everyone for the input. I contacted Musician's Friend this morning. They offered a $100 discount on the existing amp, or said they would overnight me a new amp and cover all shipping for both amps. I chose to get a new amp.

I expect the amp would have been fine and obviously retained warranty but if they were only going to give $100 back I'd take the new amp just for spite. They sell open box/used gear at a discount all the time but it's labeled that way and this one should have been.

GregM":30hdixw8 said:
I expect the amp would have been fine and obviously retained warranty but if they were only going to give $100 back I'd take the new amp just for spite. They sell open box/used gear at a discount all the time but it's labeled that way and this one should have been.

The Friedman warranty states the amp is warrantied to the original purchaser. I didn't want to risk being denied a warranty claim down the road. I don't think Dave would deny a warranty claim in this case, but if Dave sold the company the new owner might. I thought it better to not have to worry about that and eliminate that risk.

http://friedmanamplification.com/suppor ... y-repairs/
"Limited Lifetime Warranty for US: New Friedman Amplification products are lifetime warranted to the original purchaser against failure of parts/materials and workmanship if purchased through an authorized dealer. No other warranty applies."

$100 off, that's totally lame!!! They have a open box BE100 at $2959 that's 20% off. They should've offered you $300 off minimum. But I think even more of a discount is called for since they actually sent out the amp as a new one. Myself I'd demand a full refund and just go buy somewhere else like Sweetwater

Back