Looks like the rock standard is back

Looks like it's a plexi with some extra bells and whistles.

I just wonder if would-be buyers would just rather have an old Marshall for same money?

I had one in 99 and it sucked weak pitiful amp. Paid 800 and a keeley TS for it. Should have kept my 800 and the tubescreamer :p

I've primarily tried it with a Leopard boost in front, can get hard rock tones easily - a more versatile, little less again 800 vibe with lots of tone shaping with the depth, sweep, and various upper mid treble shaping. It cuts and hits hard.

I've primarily tried it with a Leopard boost in front, can get hard rock tones easily - a more versatile, little less again 800 vibe with lots of tone shaping with the depth, sweep, and various upper mid treble shaping. It cuts and hits hard.
Wizards are the only amps I have where each one is so good, that if I had to keep only one, anyone, I could be happy. The only one I wasn't all in on was the MC25. While it was still a mighty fine sounding little toy in it's own realm, I just have never been a fan of 6V6 power sections. I hear the nasally mids in all of them to varying degrees. Even the ancient Fender Deluxe Reverb, which is considered an iconic amp.

I traded the MC25 for a Matchless Laurel Canyon. It's 6V6 powered, I can still hear those nasally mid tones. But the context the design concept sits in just works for me in some of the other things I do.

I still get the gas for another Wizard every now and then. As much as I love the ones I have, they just don't get played that much.

Things just keep going up $$$.

As much as I love Wizards in general, I never in my lifetime thought I would see a new 25W amp sell for over $4K.

I'm grateful to have got my KT150 & KT200 new builds back in 2020. I just wouldn't pay todays asking prices. There are just too many other amps that will do the job.

But I definitely plan to hold on to the Wizards I have.

Wizards are the only amps I have where each one is so good, that if I had to keep only one, anyone, I could be happy. The only one I wasn't all in on was the MC25. While it was still a mighty fine sounding little toy in it's own realm, I just have never been a fan of 6V6 power sections. I hear the nasally mids in all of them to varying degrees. Even the ancient Fender Deluxe Reverb, which is considered an iconic amp.

I traded the MC25 for a Matchless Laurel Canyon. It's 6V6 powered, I can still hear those nasally mid tones. But the context the design concept sits in just works for me in some of the other things I do.

I still get the gas for another Wizard every now and then. As much as I love the ones I have, they just don't get played that much.

Things just keep going up $$$.

As much as I love Wizards in general, I never in my lifetime thought I would see a new 25W amp sell for over $4K.

I'm grateful to have got my KT150 & KT200 new builds back in 2020. I just wouldn't pay todays asking prices. There are just too many other amps that will do the job.

But I definitely plan to hold on to the Wizards I have.
I bought my mc1 used and definitely felt the sting especially in Canadian dollars. I‘ve yet to try Ricks other offerings but from popular consensus’s of Wizard fans they all sound good in their own unique way.

Sounds like a good pedal offering especially if it is sort of 800ish. I was never really a pedal into clean amp person. l like the fact that there’s the tone shaping options used in the Mtl and hybrid.

Way you guys are talking, i need to check out the prices..
These have been sitting on eBay for a while.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Guitar-Amplifiers/38072?_fsrp=0&_sacat=38072&rt=nc&Brand=Wizard
Been a while since seeing what I'm guessing are fairly recent builds. I haven't bought and sold enough of them to know a lot other than what I don't like about the ones I used to see for sale. Those dried up and went away a long time ago.

Hopefully our friends Matt & uberschallEL34 will comment whether these are good deals or not.

These have been sitting on eBay for a while.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Guitar-Amplifiers/38072?_fsrp=0&_sacat=38072&rt=nc&Brand=Wizard
Been a while since seeing what I'm guessing are fairly recent builds. I haven't bought and sold enough of them to know a lot other than what I don't like about the ones I used to see for sale. Those dried up and went away a long time ago.

Hopefully our friends Matt & uberschallEL34 will comment whether these are good deals or not.

that MC2 is priced about right… not sure what year it is. The MC25 is pretty high even though it is fairly new. I think one just so,d on TGP for $2600.

I think used gear prices in general are starting to trend down. Higher $ stuff is sitting longer And asking prices starting to come down. I think people just bei more tight with $ given the current state of the economy.

that MC2 is priced about right… not sure what year it is. The MC25 is pretty high even though it is fairly new. I think one just so,d on TGP for $2600.

I think used gear prices in general are starting to trend down. Higher $ stuff is sitting longer And asking prices starting to come down. I think people just bei more tight with $ given the current state of the economy.
Absolutely.

I think things will set longer for sale, and prices for things will creep down. The way things are looking, I'm guessing give it a couple of years it will be a buyers market.

The wonky market for any number of things is wonkier than I can ever remember.

Looks like it's a plexi with some extra bells and whistles.

I just wonder if would-be buyers would just rather have an old Marshall for same money?
So is it Plexi like it's just a fancy low/mid gain Marshall?

Or is it "Plexi" like the MCII is "Silver Jubilee"? Because I'd love Rick's take on a Plexi with the modern gain/features of an MCII.

If it's just an expensive HW'd Plexi or AC/DC tone quest amp than I'm less interested.

So this video sounds like it has a lot of gain available, or your pickups are very high output.

I don't get the point of the standard model vs already avail MC II, hybrid, MTL etc. What is it doing differently ?

Back