Looper pedal

sandman

Was thinking of getting a Looper pedal to help practicing solos over chord progressions etc....Which pedals are your favorites or are they all about the same? I'm very unfamiliar with loopers so appreciate any advice

Don't go digitech jamman. I had problemsm after problem.
From the unit freezing to poor control layout, etc.

I have a Boss RC3 and a Digitech Jam Man XT. They both work good. The Boss is a little easier. If you want beats, the Boss is better there. Both allow you to store loops or load your own tracks via PC.The Digitech has better sound quality but Boss is still good,16 bit Boss vs 24 bit Digitech. If I had to pick one it would be the Boss. If you want super simple check out the TC Ditto looper.

I had a Boss RC30 for a little while and noticed I was getting some tone suck just having it on my board, sold it and went with an EHX 720, works very well.

The TC Ditto series are pretty good, although not as feature heavy as some of the the others...I have a X2 and it works for me!

I have the Electro harmonix 720 and Ditto looper. Both are good, the EH has more features but Ditto is more intuitive and for some reason easier to make loops in sync/time (footswitch is better on the Ditto). 720 has more features so check if you would need any of those, otherwise I recommend the Ditto.

Back