Lord Valve is a riot...

kannibul

I just ordered some tubes from him, and he said "My old lady handles the shipping, I don't know what it'll cost but it's around $2.75...and shipping is always $7.50 unless you order some heavy shit like a transformer. It won't go out today, I won't go near a fuckin' post office...it might not go out tomorrow or Saturday, maybe Monday, maybe not...hell I dunno..." insert some other conversation - then as I'm getting off the phone / ending the call "It'll go out sometime...later"

I think he's been tipping the bottle today (not that it's a bad thing...) - he reminds me a LOT of a friend of mine's dad when we were growing up. Total booze-hound biker type. Funny as hell too...asked him about tubes and he has a SHIT TON of information...I asked about 5881's, since i thought Pete (stratotone) had them in his single rectifier years back...

Maybe that's why I prefer him over Doug's Tubes. Nothing personal against Doug...just Willie is the shit when you talk to him...

I had 50's Tung Sol 5881s in my single recto, nothing at all like the 5881s today. Still have some of them too. :D

Pete

I been to his shop many times in downtown Denver and if you have never been in there it's a real trip.

There must be thousands of boxes , containers , and loose tubes all over the place almost looks like a millitary surplus of sorts . Tubes and amps ... there everywhere , but if you need anything Willy knows exactly where it is .

Overall , a very cool guy who knows his stuff and I try to get all my stuff from him , although from time to time i buy from Doug when Willy's running low on something .

stratotone":3ktq39xd said:
I had 50's Tung Sol 5881s in my single recto, nothing at all like the 5881s today. Still have some of them too. :D

Pete

Yeah, that's basically what he said to me - don't put 5881's in your recto, unless their ancient.

Back