LTD Eclipse Full Thickness guitars ?

Bash_Man

So I am looking at the LTD Eclipse full Thickness body line up for my next guitar.

Wanted to see what people had to say about them as far as a comparison to a LesPaul Classic.

Please keep the negativity and Gibson bashing out.. I am interested in feedback whether it's positive or negative about the specific LTD line up.. not looking to start a war here.

Thanks

Something like the Edwards guitars ? I believe they're made by ESP but they're MIJ.
I’ve never had an Edwards but they are highly thought of. I have Bacchus Les Paul Custom that rivals many Gibsons and bested the 2004 Gibson Les Paul Custom I had. And just for reference, my number one is my 96 Les Paul Classic so I‘m definitely not anti Gibson.

Honestly man, if you have an aversion to an actual Gibson but want the Les Paul thing, look into a Heritage or some of the better MIJ variants

Doesn't sound like he has an aversion to Gibson at all , what he's requesting is for other people to keep their aversions out of this particular thread .

Doesn't sound like he has an aversion to Gibson at all , what he's requesting is for other people to keep their aversions out of this particular thread .
You're absolutely correct. No Aversion to Gibson. My LP Classic is my #1 play guitar. 😀

I know there's lots of hate and bashing if Gibson for they've done last number of years with law suits, etc.. and I agree that their prices are up there..

I just figured I'd like to adventure into different brands and see what people out there recommend but I am in love with the single cut LesPaul body.

I've played PRS single cut guitars and just didn't click with them. Years ago I played the thin body LTD and just didn't click with it either. So I figured I'd look at the full Thickness body or alternate brands.

Cheers

Reactions: ccn
I stumbled upon this ad for an ESP on my local CL. It seems too good to be true.You know what they say. Dude is asking $800 for a real ESP with quilt top ,USA Kahler deluxe trem . He mentions the headstock may have been repainted but no cracks or breaks. I'm thinking if it was repainted it would be to cover an LTD into an ESP .What do you guys think. I have seen these ESP's going for $4K https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/msg/d/lake-worth-esp-guitar-kahler-trem/7484463519.html

I had a trio, and they were "arguably" the best playing LP style guitars I ever owned. Fit and finish was top notch and CONSISTENT. Wish i still had them.

Thanks Chris. Is Trio the brand ?
I had 3 LTD EC-1000T-CTM's - 2 white (i had EMG's, the other had Dimarzio 36th Anniversary), and 1 black w/EMG's. I hate EMG's, but loved these guitars, and even with the EMG's, they were inspiring.

I had 3 LTD EC-1000T-CTM's - 2 white (i had EMG's, the other had Dimarzio 36th Anniversary), and 1 black w/EMG's. I hate EMG's, but loved these guitars, and even with the EMG's, they were inspiring.
Yeah not a fan of EMGs here either tbh. I looked them up, the EC1000 is the slimmer body series. I've tried those a long time ago, for me I couldn't fall in love with them sadly. They were beautiful guitars. Nicely built and finish was amazing.

Cheers

Well.. I figured I'd look to see what else is out there. Have a bit of a variety. If the search results in me liking nothing else, then I'll just go buy another LP Classic in different colour 😁
I get that. I’ve only had one Eclipse and it was a MIJ Semi Hollow that was a bolt on so not really apples to apples but it was a great guitar.

Yeah not a fan of EMGs here either tbh. I looked them up, the EC1000 is the slimmer body series. I've tried those a long time ago, for me I couldn't fall in love with them sadly. They were beautiful guitars. Nicely built and finish was amazing.

Cheers
The EC-1000T are NOT the thinner model. They are full thickness. I don't like the thinner ones either.

Back