Lundgren m6

mchn13

Revisiting this pickup, as i haven't used it for a couple years. I recent picked up a esp m1, and for the life of me couldn’t get along with the emg in it (i tried).. the lundgren just kills in this guitar for what i do, which is drop c brootz Mostly. Super tight, but has a surprising bouncy quality, kind of like a single coil, which is really cool. Less honky and blurry like the nazgul that I normally use. I didnt expect to like the lead tone as much as i do, considering the scooped nature of the pickup, but its killer. Nothing special playing wise, as i was just warming up; and playing on a line6 head through an evh 2x12. Definitely a keeper with this guitar tho.
Happy 4th yall!,

I've never had the M6, but I assume it's the same as the M7 and M8. These are such strange pickups, they do a very cool sound, but it doesn't work for my playing style. In the right hands, such a killer sound though. That nothin' special you claim smokes what I can do... lol, good job.

I've never had the M6, but I assume it's the same as the M7 and M8. These are such strange pickups, they do a very cool sound, but it doesn't work for my playing style. In the right hands, such a killer sound though. That nothin' special you claim smokes what I can do... lol, good job.
Thanks bro. I think its probably the combination of the pup, and this guitar, I didnt like it as much in my old jackson, but in this one its pretty smooth, and the chuggy stuff is just mean as hell. Its so weird how much difference there is (imo), between guitars. This thing is a sustain monster though, and probably why it sounds so good to me. Playing-wise, once i get my old hands warmed up, my phrasing starts getting more fluid, and im not just blowing through lines.

Thanks bro. I think its probably the combination of the pup, and this guitar, I didnt like it as much in my old jackson, but in this one its pretty smooth, and the chuggy stuff is just mean as hell. Its so weird how much difference there is (imo), between guitars. This thing is a sustain monster though, and probably why it sounds so good to me. Playing-wise, once i get my old hands warmed up, my phrasing starts getting more fluid, and im not just blowing through lines.
Sounds great and great playing too. I had the M6 in a couple of different guitars and had a similar result: sounded good in one and not the other lol. EQ wise it's not a very neutral pickup, so I get the impression it can be fussy about guitars. In the first guitar I had it in it had a big, tubular sounding low end and had this weird combination of being too boomy in the lows and overly stiff in the attack range. I wasn't too enthralled with that combo. In my other guitar, it was much better and was more in line with how I expected the M6 to sound.

One of this pickup's strong points is when you're boosting. It has big lows, drawn back mids, and a hard attack in the upper mid/treble range that pokes out. When you boost with a mid-forward pedal, the amount of lows keep the guitar from getting anemic, the scoop in the mids keep it from sounding too middy, and the hardness of the attack helps things from getting too squishy with all the gain.

Back