Lynch on a Quick Rod

evhfan":yp259emh said:
nobody gets a free amp from scott..which is why i think some here are anti-scott...you know what i mean don't you?

I didn't mean to imply anything towards Splawn, i just meant that Lynch has become pretty pathetic with swapping gear and it just seems like he'll try anything. When i saw Lynch on the clinic last year he rubbed me the wrong way, he seemed a little bitter about a lot of stuff.

But Splawn does have plenty of loyal players so it probably won't mean much what Lynch does either way. Splawn probably gets more attention from younger, more current endorsers anyway.

Shiny_Surface":1xlfo3eq said:
shreder75":1xlfo3eq said:
THANK YOU!!! YOU get it.

I've owned my main amp for 9 years, but I do like to swap in other pieces around it from time to time because I like to keep an open mind on what's available out in the market.

I also consider myself a "free agent" so I'm careful not to come across as too much a fan for any specific piece of gear.

you don't have to explain your actions to me, dude....do what's best for you

Gainfreak":1zzejuel said:
Chubtone":1zzejuel said:
First of all shreder rules. :rock:

Secondly, shreder just might be a fanboi for Splawn amps. But if he is, he has been a fanboi of the same, single amp for three years straight. How many of us have been in love with a single amp for three years? Unflinchingly? Unwaveringly? There would be absoultely no use for internet amp forums if everybody else was as satisfied with their amps as Matt is with his.

Thirdly, Matt's support for Scott Splawn and his products is no different than many of us on here (like me) who really like Mark Cameron as a person and celebrate every single tiny step in a positive direction for Cameron Amplification. Matt (and I) do the same for Scott Splawn too. It's not that weird. And Matt has taken some beatings on Rig Talk in the past for his Splawn love.

I have to keep my love a little more under wraps as I am a dealer for Splawn and don't want to sound like some carnival barker for whatever I sell. I sell Splawn amps in my store but that doesn't mean I have to have a Quick Rod at home for the last 2.5 years. I'm like that Hair Club for Men guy, except I don't have any hair. ;)

Sup Chub!
First off I have been a fan of the Mesa Boogie MKIV since 1992 and Ive never waved from my opinion of that amp nor have I ever sold it ....just sayin :hys:

With that said, IMHO Matt gets shit from people not so much for his beliefs but how he chooses to represent himself and how he seems to process information or should I say how he mis-interprets what people are saying. The comments in this thread were aimed at Georges performance and leave it up to Matt to immeadiately think it was an attack on Splawn or the tone of the amp....tell me Im wrong?
IMHO he does this all the time and If Im being 100% honest, some of his threads come off like he needs to go talk to a psychiatrist. :hys:

yes I am busting on you Matt but there is some truth to what I'm saying :D

I mentioned the negativity of the thread, Ralph....I didn't once say it was an attack on Scott...the only time I'd mentioned splawn at that point was that it was good press for lynch to be seen playing a whole clinic with one...

go on..tell me I'm lying..it's all here in black and white

ejecta":134cavqm said:
shreder75":134cavqm said:
Ejecta, if you didn't actually go out of your way at being such an insufferable asshole I may actually feel sorry for you. But your skill in the way of dickdom comes from years of studied reflection and practice. I must've struck a nerve.

Asshole? For saying you do the same ol tired routine? mmmm ok but its true.

Struck a nerve?? About my buying habits? Oh man thats funny. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I can afford to do what I do and I have fun doing it so thats why I like trying amps..... all in good fun. Struck a nerve about me having fun???? mmmmmm ok :loco:

shreder75":134cavqm said:
what I MEANT was, I only talk about what I have EXPERIENCE WITH. And the Quick Rod is the only amp I've owned or played for ANY LENGTH OF TIME FOR THREE YEARS. I don't offer up my opinion on things that I don't own or played for a half hour in guitar center.

Then maybe you should have said that instead.

you've been doing this for three years...was mostly on HCAF actually....I would post in a splawn thread and there you'd be, saying splawn police and such...

sorry I didn't spell it out for you...considering my rig's listed in my signature for the past several years and only one amp's on there I figured it would be apparent that it's the only one I own..and as I said, if I don't own it, never owned it or didn't spend that much time with it, I'm not going to offer up an opinion on it...

Digital Jams":38gh4wii said:
Vrad":38gh4wii said:
Lynch played well I thought... It's the camcorder microphone... shit that could have been a phone or something.
Who said that was Mr Scary? Are you feeling ok? LOL! :D

Anyway, Lynch should have been playing a Splawn years ago. The QR does what his 'thing' perfectly.

Listen to the backing track, that is mr scary even though I cant believe it. Guess he has redone the song a tad according to others that have seen his in-store shows.

you're correct....I got a second video from another person shot the same night at a different angle (which I didn't post for obvious reasons) where about halfway through you can hear the mr. scary backing track

gibson5413":1iwk58a4 said:
Digital Jams":1iwk58a4 said:
Vrad":1iwk58a4 said:
Lynch played well I thought... It's the camcorder microphone... shit that could have been a phone or something.
Who said that was Mr Scary? Are you feeling ok? LOL! :D

Anyway, Lynch should have been playing a Splawn years ago. The QR does what his 'thing' perfectly.

Listen to the backing track, that is mr scary even though I cant believe it. Guess he has redone the song a tad according to others that have seen his in-store shows.

+1
I immediately thought it was Mr Scary too. It just seemed like he was improvising over the top of it. I have had a hard time with "modern day" Lynch. I love "classic" Lynch. Hopefully he comes around. Getting older doesn't need to mean he is becoming less relevant. He is a killer player when he wants to be and has a style all his own.

Matt has always been a cool guy. I have a lot of respect for his playing and has always been helpful to me.

As for being a "fanboi", who cares. If it bothers you that someone sings praises of their current amp then that is your problem. There could be some fault on both sides but who cares. Life's too short to get caught up in this crap.

thanks, boss

I'd like to see the return of the older lynch style as well..he always seemed on back then..now he's hot and cold for me..sometimes he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and other times I'm scratchin' my head =D

Digital Jams":2o7ci3kn said:
I am a fan of Lynch's playing and check out every vid that gets posted, some I dig and some I do not. Look up Lynch threads and I am sure I have posted something in most of them.

Playing a Splawn has nothing to do with what I said and for reference here is imo Lynch when he was on fire,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaurfZtGJ-Y

Lynch in your vid is a shell of what he can do when he feels like it that day.

Again, nothing stated about tone but just commenting on Lynch just so I dont get grouped into the axe-fx stuff. I do comment on axe-fx clips as well John's today freaking ripped and Ed D. I consider a friend and always take the time to say something.

wasn't directed specifically at you

shreder75":3fwg4lrp said:
I'd like to see the return of the older lynch style as well..he always seemed on back then..now he's hot and cold for me..sometimes he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and other times I'm scratchin' my head =D

wait till your older.. you will know why then! its hell .. somedays things are great.. others.. not so great.. unlike when I was younger I could be ON everyday.. it gets worse as we get older too.. I can relate to george in this way.. sucks getting older. and then there is that hearing thing from stacks..

I write it off to a bad day for lynch.. it happens..

Hacksaw":f4hwqrcm said:
shreder75":f4hwqrcm said:

wait till your older.. you will know why then! its hell .. somedays things are great.. others.. not so great.. unlike when I was younger I could be ON everyday.. it gets worse as we get older too.. I can relate to george in this way.. sucks getting older. and then there is that hearing thing from stacks..

I'm like that NOW..lol

shreder75":3p6mx8et said:
Hacksaw":3p6mx8et said:
shreder75":3p6mx8et said:

I'm like that NOW..lol

OH man!! I aint telling what it will be like when you close to 50!! ignore! LOL.. you are just getting started :)

shreder75":1we5an4p said:
you don't have to explain your actions to me, dude....do what's best for you

Is the link broken? When I got home from work and clicked on it I got nothing...

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, sounds like he's playing out of key and not the good "outside" kind of notes either.... :confused:

Guess I'm in the minority here but I thought George was bringing it in that video. His style is definitely evolving in the best possible way - instead of the same old 80's pentatonic licks he's now adding these amazing outside runs with a lot more bluesy grind... I haven't listened to him seriously in years and years but this vid and the desert clip are the best I've heard him play yet.

Schenker, VH and Lynch are my top 3 and Lynch alone continues to evolve... impressive :thumbsup:

Oh and the Splawn sounded good too - makes me want to try another.

Last I heard George wrote Mr Scary...right? He can play it anyway he wants too, it is HIS song afterall isnt it?? :confused:

This was all just to show some love for Scott by GL using a Quickrod. It's George freakin' Lynch man!! C'mon guys, tell me honestly that if GL was seen in a vid using a Cameron or an AxeFX you guys would be all over it :yes: ...even if he did play like crap.

It's just a cool story...and yes, shreder is the biggest fanboi - but that's ok ;)

Happenin' tone.. not Georges best playing by a long shot
WAs that the alterna-grunge version of MR Scary on Qualudes?
Cool that he is experimenting.. but geez.. wrong lab ! :LOL: :LOL:

shreder75":3msr31z1 said:
I mentioned the negativity of the thread, Ralph....I didn't once say it was an attack on Scott...the only time I'd mentioned splawn at that point was that it was good press for lynch to be seen playing a whole clinic with one...

go on..tell me I'm lying..it's all here in black and white

Yes it is in there in black and white matt but as soon as you made the Axe-fx comment it went from being taken as "thread negativity" to you Implying something else about the amp used. Sorry but Im not the only one who took it that way. Had you said "Im not surprised by the negativity in this thread... it could have been taken the way you are trying to spin it now.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

all the best

~R~

:confused: Well I guess being busy at work this afternoon was not a bad thing huh? :confused: But opinions vary. :yes: Mr. Hacksaw, you sir are right as the rain. :thumbsup: For what it's worth in this thread, amid alot of the heapings of expression and bullshit, there was a good bit of classic content all along the way. :LOL: :LOL: I see a movie deal in the works for the future. :checkthisout: Truly adverse reading. :hys:

Back