Major guitar theft San Jose / SF Bay Area

mooncobra

Anyone see this? I see Craigslist ads for the reward and then saw this video.

Really sad losing 200 vintage guitars and a bunch of vintage amps also.

Keep an eye out. Thieves are the absolute worst.

I hate thieves too, but it’s not like he was using them. They were just tokens of his greed.
That doesn't matter one bit. They were his guitars that he worked hard to acquire. Some were custom made just for him (2 by Cruz @ Fender with his name on the fretboard). As if its OK to steal something "because they're not using it".

Here's a link to a PDF list of the gear.

I hate thieves too, but it’s not like he was using them. They were just tokens of his greed.
No, Greed is wanting material things you didn’t earn or prevent others from getting. His gear collecting was an honest way to support salesmen, stock clerks, managers, janitors, truck drivers, warehouse workers, shipping clerks, painters, wood workers, electronics techs, luthiers, metalworkers, lumberjacks, and miners. But it’s not your fault they don’t teach that in your ANTIFA meetings.

Last edited:
Left vintage gear at a storage facility. Lots of stupid there. And let insurance lapse. 😑

I don’t know where he lives but the weather and humidity changes not good for old gear.

Sad but shit happens.

‘Note’. Not slamming on Peavey the above comment. I own 3!😂
Just the dickhead comment pelican made.
People work hard for stuff. It gets stolen. Then his comment. Hit me wrong. I don’t go for that crap. He’s probably the thief that took it.

But yeah. No way would I leave that gear in a storage locker. If the guy had that much money. Toss it in a back bedroom. Or attic.

Left vintage gear at a storage facility. Lots of stupid there. And let insurance lapse. 😑

I don’t know where he lives but the weather and humidity changes not good for old gear.

Sad but shit happens.
This story was on the local news a while back. Guy lives in Santa Cruz Ca. where I’m at.
I’d never have my gear stored away from my home personally, but this guy had a lot of stuff. I feel for him.

Attachments

• 9F0A181B-4F2B-4335-8C37-3D986C8F07E5.jpeg
    9F0A181B-4F2B-4335-8C37-3D986C8F07E5.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 42
Back