Major guitar theft San Jose / SF Bay Area

Umm yeah, I have had things stolen. In fact I had my only guitar stolen in my early 20’s. That shit hurt, but when you have 200? Come on, they didn’t mean anything to him more than an investment. He could have easily sold some and bought a place to put the rest. They were just objects to him so I don’t feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
had to have been an inside job?
or someone who knew the exact unit in the facility and had access + a bolt cutter
i didn't watch the video
i thought all storage places had insurance baked into the contract
that really totally sicks
i hope he recovers some of it.
things have a way of resurfacing over time.

Umm yeah, I have had things stolen. In fact I had my only guitar stolen in my early 20’s. That shit hurt, but when you have 200? Come on, they didn’t mean anything to him more than an investment. He could have easily sold some and bought a place to put the rest. They were just objects to him so I don’t feel sorry for him.
Another fail.
How do you know what they ment to him?
Every guitar has both an origin story,and the story it develops over time.
Including the finding of a vintage guitar for ones collection.
We get it,hard ass. You don't feel anything for a guy who lost his guitar collection.
But that shit hurt when you lost yours,right?
Your lack of empathy is very telling.

I have a lot of guitars and amps. They are stored at 4 houses (3 of which are owned by members on this board) and one storage unit.
They are broken up in chunks so that I won't loose big-time if one place goes down in flames.
Plus I'd need a huge room to put all those amps and cabs in...someplace far away from society to crank them up.
that’s brilliant to diversify your risk of a complete loss of your tokens of greed. :D

Pelican = Antiffa

I had a token of my greed stolen off the stage while I played one night about 20 years ago. I had it sitting off to side by my amp and the bar owner's brother snagged while I was playing, found that out after the bar owner committed suicide. I never got it back, Jackson soloist ser. # J4438, sunset graphics.

The guy bought these as an investment, but he didn't think it out that well. All the stuff he has is good, but not great. He should've bought super high end stuff, a 1959 LP or Dumble, easy to store and sell.

Just awful what happened to this guy.

Not making light of it but there's a pretty funny comment on the vid; "C'mon Bonamassa... give him the damn guitars back!"

So let’s say someone gets your login, pin and knows your ssn and gets into your mutual fund account, and withdraws about 300k.
That ok with you? Sure it is.

He’s gotten 17 back out of 200….so 183 vintage guitars are still out there. 300k is probably low considering what he had.
He invested in gear vs stock market/funds so that was the bulk of his retirement. Plus, he clearly wasn’t the lame rich collector type as he was/is a lifelong career musician.
The whole thing sickens me; and then you chime in to ‘justify’ what happened?
Good luck on RT going forward.

Reminder to keep walking past you if you're ever on fire and not bother to even piss on you to put out the flames.

Last edited:
I hate thieves too, but it’s not like he was using them. They were just tokens of his greed.
wut!?
who are these submissive fuckers who demonize personal success!?! tokens of greed? do you aspire for more during the course of your day? or do you just think about how you can better serve others? :ROFLMAO:
was the original owner an african warlord, a latin cartel high up? an italian mob boss? Russian mobster? a black gang family leader, amish gangster!?! why is he "Greedy"? Some people take their wealth and let the banks and white collar (paid) fuckers invest their money for them. Some, more fun and interesting people, take all that money and put it on their "guitar wall". this guys investment was stolen that he probably worked up to. anti capitalists stopped making sense in the 90s. when i read those stupid books and brochures the commie weirdos used to pass out at punk and crust shows :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

He played thousands of gigs on some of those guitars. I would say they were more than objects.

Y'all do realize he's f'n with ya's?
A damn pelican handing you're asses to ya's?
I bet that pelican is the star guy for a
fly by night towing company.
He's the guy who answers the phone when
you call the number off the sign in the parking
area you were parked at and will gladly inform you of the newly applied service/fuel fee's
"added" on top of being f'n towed.
He's using y'all as 'jobbers' for practice.
Well done..you PUKE.

Back