Mako Amps

Hello! This is my first post here. I'm looking to buy an new amp. I'm thinking of an Engl Fireball but I just ran across the Mako amp page. They look well built and the sound samples sound pretty good. Have any of you had any experience with them? How do they sound in real life?

I have a Dorado and love it. It's basically a very fluid and saturated tone... can be dialed fairly tight or loose.

I think several of my Dorado clips are on his site.

I currently have a Mako CHW. Like the other guys said, its a great amp ! I would sell mine though, due to money issues. PM me if interested; I'll give you a good price.

Thanks for the input guys! And thanks for the offer Game. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet with the stock market taking a big shit today. I need to make sure I'm still gonna have a job in a few weeks :LOL: :LOL:

Not to be too much of a downer here, I had a Mako Makoplex. It was a hand-wired one. It was one of the most disappointing amps I ever had. Just blah sounding. I thought something had to be wrong with it. My tech checked it out and said everything was fine. So I sold it to a guy who had another Makoplex. He loved mine. He said it sounded even better than his other one. Ok, buddy, glad you like it :confused:

Chubtone":1xvpdmpw said:
Not to be too much of a downer here, I had a Mako Makoplex. It was a hand-wired one. It was one of the most disappointing amps I ever had. Just blah sounding. I thought something had to be wrong with it. My tech checked it out and said everything was fine. So I sold it to a guy who had another Makoplex. He loved mine. He said it sounded even better than his other one. Ok, buddy, glad you like it :confused:

Thanks for the input Chubtone.

Back