Mark V namm vid

I'm curious if they really did make a wide thiele to fit underneath it, now that the head's wider.

I really like the small size of my Mark IV short head and compact cabs...

Shiny_Surface":3q4tpwro said:
ejecta":3q4tpwro said:
That dude had some great chops!

The amp is almost secondary with that kind of playing... :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: No shit. If only amps made you better player. If that were true I take 3 of whatever he's playing. :D

If you haven't had your laughs for the day, check out what the HCAFtards are saying about this video. Apparently, it has made many of them lose their GAS for the Mark V :LOL: :LOL:

For me, it's made me want one more.

Sounds good. No Lead Drive still makes me want to punch someone though.

Hopefully the IIC+ mode cops the IIC+ really well. And I agree that the second channel sounds better than R2 on the IV.

OverDriven":3ebvk59t said:
If you haven't had your laughs for the day, check out what the HCAFtards are saying about this video. Apparently, it has made many of them lose their GAS for the Mark V :LOL: :LOL:

For me, it's made me want one more.

HC FTMFL

I called Finland's Mesa/Boogie distributor a couple of minutes ago and they said that the amp will be available probably within about 3 months in Finland. Price of it will be about the same as Roadster's price!

SgtThump":1rzlebzf said:
ejecta":1rzlebzf said:
Looks cool. Could have been the mic but from this it really wasnt my thing... a little too boxy. But its hard tell from clips and Id still like to try one in person.

That's how all of the Mark series amps sound to me (boxy.) Well, I guess I can't really say that. I've only owned a Mark III head and a Triaxis, but I assumed the other Mark series amps sounded somewhat similar to those.

I admit that the tones in this Mark V clip are better than I expected from a quick video clip. Pretty cool!

the cleans sounded a bit better than a mark IV, but the Mark voicing is there. If you like it, you'll probably love the Mark V, but if your like me, I just didn't care for the voicing.

Marks sound alot better in person than with camera audio, but I recorded my mark IV with my camcorder and it sounded very similar to this vid so I know the base tone is very much similar if not the same.

The great lead channel tone that everyone likes really needs some delay, reverb, and effects to sound good. Dry, it's a little too boxy and compressed sounding for me.

I have no mark V gas at all.

So i guess boxy is the new word of the month?

Funny how some terms get attached to certain amps. And funny how the owners of those amps never hear those descriptions. yes, I'm guilty as well. :LOL: :LOL:

Soldano = sizzle

VHT = dry

Marshalls = piercing

Rectos = mud

Engls/Diezels = sterile

Mark series = boxy

danyeo":165cm015 said:
So i guess boxy is the new word of the month?

Funny how some terms get attached to certain amps. And funny how the owners of those amps never hear those descriptions. yes, I'm guilty as well. :LOL: :LOL:

Soldano = sizzle

VHT = dry

Marshalls = piercing

Rectos = mud

Engls/Diezels = sterile

Mark series = boxy

Ok, how about compressed and one dimensional? :D

I can't describe it any better. That second video sound better though.

Really, it's not a bad tone, but it just didn't sit right with me. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I much prefer my muddy recto. :doh:

Back