Marshall 1959 HW vs Synergy preamps

vinirosa

Hey guys, I’ve recorded some Synergy preamps that have a Marshall vibe, and just for a reference thing, I recorded my Marshall 1959HW head too.
I’ve been interested on the module thing since the Egnater days, and I think this may be helpful if you are into the Synergy universe.

Take care.

Last edited:
They all sound good just different. There was a shared quality amongst all the Synergy preamps that the HW didn't have...or to say that the other way around...the HW had a quality to it that the Synergy preamps didn't.

what power amp were you using for the Synergy modules?

The plexi module was very close; listening on my nearfield monitors, IMO.

what power amp were you using for the Synergy modules?

The plexi module was very close; listening on my nearfield monitors, IMO.
I used a Fryette Power Station straight into Pro Tools (added Celestion 4x12 Greenback Balanced IR).

Reactions: rsm
They all sound good just different. There was a shared quality amongst all the Synergy preamps that the HW didn't have...or to say that the other way around...the HW had a quality to it that the Synergy preamps didn't.
Yes, to me the Synergies sound similar because they all have the same Marshlley DNA. The head sound in the same ballpark but a little different, not too much. Subtle. The Synergies feel a bit "smoother" maybe.

Reactions: rsm
The Synergies sound smaller. As if the Plexi was in a big circle and then that circle was shrunk for the modules. I kind of liked the SLO module though.

The Synergies sound smaller. As if the Plexi was in a big circle and then that circle was shrunk for the modules. I kind of liked the SLO module though.
I think the head sounds like it's about to explode. The preamps do sound great but there is something about diming a real Marshall that it's really hard to get on preamps. I mean, this kind of amp sounds amazing when you dime it. Not every amp, I think. Having said that, the Plexi module sounds really good right after the head, so it's a really cool technology, I think.

Back