Marshall 1960b with celestion g12h30's

I find the 8 ohms to be a little darker and less responsive .
It could also be the cab ?
I have 8 ohms paired with evh signatures

Maybe someone owns Mesa 2x12 vertical angled cabinet? Since i don't want to buy 4x12 I was thinking about vertical angled cab. Mesa seems a little bigger than regular 2x12's, so i could keep my molecular and maybe Marshall on top of it. Orange cab that i have is very dark and i don't like it, sounds muffled, how about mesa cab? Thanks.

If you get one of the newer cabs with one of these jacks I would go with 16 ohm speakers and use the 4ohm parallel input. I find it sounds tighter when playing heavier stuff.
1616511050110.png

If you get one of the newer cabs with one of these jacks I would go with 16 ohm speakers and use the 4ohm parallel input. I find it sounds tighter when playing heavier stuff.
View attachment 74433

Not sure I am understanding this. Won't that be a dangerous ohm mismatch?

On another topic, I need to rewire my Marshall cabs and get all of that extra crap out of the circuit.

Not sure I am understanding this. Won't that be a dangerous ohm mismatch?

On another topic, I need to rewire my Marshall cabs and get all of that extra crap out of the circuit.
No mismatch. That's how it's wired. There's a 16ohm mono option along with a 4ohm mono option. The 16 ohm jack is prewired with 4x16ohm speakers in series/parallel. The 4 ohm jack is prewired with 4x16ohm speakers wired in parallel. There are a number of amp/cab companies making 4x12s with these type of jacks.

Maybe someone owns Mesa 2x12 vertical angled cabinet? Since i don't want to buy 4x12 I was thinking about vertical angled cab. Mesa seems a little bigger than regular 2x12's, so i could keep my molecular and maybe Marshall on top of it. Orange cab that i have is very dark and i don't like it, sounds muffled, how about mesa cab? Thanks.
Have you ever played through a 4x12? Nothing sounds as good as a Mesa 4x12 to me. I guess your second best bet would be a Mesa recto 2x12, but they definitely sound smaller in the room compared to a half stack.

If you go with the G12H30 Heritage, I would recommend a pair of the 55hz in the bottom and a pair of the 75hz in the top of your 4x12 cab.

Hey,

I think i will go with two notes captor for attenuator, because it's in my price range. They are selling 8 and 16 ohms. Should the impedance match cabinet or amp impedance? My evh is 16ohms 2x12. Or it's just personal preference?

Back