Marshall 1987x Monomyth Modded Tone Test

That's a dang good sounding amp you have there! Would love to hear some lead tones as well. I have a sneaking suspicion those will also sound excellent, perhaps even exceedingly so. This is the torment of being surrounded by dudes who post sick Marshall and Wizard clips all day. I wouldn't have it any other way though!

That's a dang good sounding amp you have there! Would love to hear some lead tones as well. I have a sneaking suspicion those will also sound excellent, perhaps even exceedingly so. This is the torment of being surrounded by dudes who post sick Marshall and Wizard clips all day. I wouldn't have it any other way though!
Thanks. Sure, here is a lead clip, dry, no effect or post processing.

I wouldn't say it has more. The biggest difference that I noticed was the 87x had more pronounced mids, probably because it still had the Marshall DNA.
Interesting, the mids of the 87x are pretty intense in a unique way compare to other amps I have. I find it works best with standard or drop D tuning.

Thanks. Sure, here is a lead clip, dry, no effect or post processing.

Interesting, the mids of the 87x are pretty intense in a unique way compare to other amps I have. I find it works best with standard or drop D tuning.

It sounds good! Dry no effects processing is great for clips IMO Have you ever tried it with some V30's? I feel almost like a real rig-talk guy asking .....

I remember way back when I was bothering Shae to mod a Plexi for me he told me the upcoming SK would have all the same tones in it, so I wound up just getting a SK. No regrets on my end.

Nice clip! It depends on the year of the mod because it was evolving along the way, the production amp uses DC heaters and a RF cap for stability, I think you can compensate the differences with the presence knob honestly.

Back