Marshall and Boogie together

Markedman

I just got my Marshall back from Hopkins Amplification. Dave did a phenomenal job of modifying my amp exactly how I wanted it. I start out a few seconds with the Marshall alone and then switch over to the Boogie alone then I play the two together and I hit the Mimiq pedal. Bedroom volume level. The dog comes in at the end, he really loves the tone also.

I always blend amps for my tone so this up my ally . I think these two are great . I have a friend with these two brand abs he says it’s sacrilegious to use both at same time . That’s crazy to me

Yeah, not sure where he came up with that idea. Marshall sounds sweet here

That all sounds killer. I have really dug every Hopkins modded Marshall I’ve heard on here. I missed out on buying a killer sounding one from a guy on Reverb in early 2019 and still wonder what could have been. 😢

Yeah, not sure where he came up with that idea. Marshall sounds sweet here
He kinda sees Marshall’s as 80s and boogies as thrash and together makes no sense . I tell him all the time to do it but he thinks just do weird. Idk why

I have a Hopkins Pandora mod on a JCM800 that I love. Which mod is this? Actually sent David an email today asking about possibly having a Rockitt Retro plexi worked on.

Get the mimiq pedal like I tell everyone else with two rigs
I just got it one day ago. Will try it out next week. Is there a way to send only the doubled signal to the amp? I plan to use my Lehle splitter and then one of the signals is going through the mimiq.

I just got it one day ago. Will try it out next week. Is there a way to send only the doubled signal to the amp? I plan to use my Lehle splitter and then one of the signals is going through the mimiq.

I just go the input, one output to one amp and the other out to the other amp and that’s it

I have a Hopkins Pandora mod on a JCM800 that I love. Which mod is this? Actually sent David an email today asking about possibly having a Rockitt Retro plexi worked on.
Axis mod, 5 stage. Just the most awesome tone and quiet as hell, I had him put DC heaters in. Dave is the best.
What Boogie are you using? Both amps sound great, but it sounds even better mixed.
Quad preamp on ch.1 Lead with a 50/50 power amp.

The Marshall was through Celestion Creambacks and the Boogie was through EV/Celestion speakers.

Get the mimiq pedal like I tell everyone else with two rigs
Ummm, it's kicked in on the video at some point about a minute in and, yes, it does what it does very well. I will be getting an isolation transformer soon once I figure out which one is the best. Radial makes one for less than $100.00. I offered $50 for this one. https://reverb.com/item/51015294-radial-bigshot-aby-true-bypass-amp-switcher
Edit- he took my offer so I will be getting the radial amp switcher.

Last edited:
Back