Marshall DSL40 combo keeps cutting off

If, when you get back to the DSL 40C , give a shout as there are other methods to achieve a work around the cutting out syndrome.

Only Marshall knows the REPORTED number. Unreported, who knows. The good news, let's say one million world wide produced. What percentage reported and unreported? Accurate answer would be fascinating. So you've got wildcat techs all around the globe chasing a symptom. Its a matter of time before the definitive fix is isolated. But it will happen. We get closer every day. Similar to the runaway bias issue with jcm2000 dsl etc. I feel the ultimate solution won't come from Marshall, but some challenged thinker in say, Brazil ? Every thing gets solved eventually. The longer the wait, the simpler the answer becomes. The amps are good. It's a perfect storm of design, engineering, and testing flaws in concert causing the problem. I feel it will be less than two hours bench time max to remedy this cut off issue when it becomes clear what causes it. Sorry to write a book.

Only Marshall knows the REPORTED number. Unreported, who knows. The good news, let's say one million world wide produced. What percentage reported and unreported? Accurate answer would be fascinating. So you've got wildcat techs all around the globe chasing a symptom. Its a matter of time before the definitive fix is isolated. But it will happen. We get closer every day. Similar to the runaway bias issue with jcm2000 dsl etc. I feel the ultimate solution won't come from Marshall, but some challenged thinker in say, Brazil ? Every thing gets solved eventually. The longer the wait, the simpler the answer becomes. The amps are good. It's a perfect storm of design, engineering, and testing flaws in concert causing the problem. I feel it will be less than two hours bench time max to remedy this cut off issue when it becomes clear what causes it. Sorry to write a book.
I have a shop I can take it too to get it fixed. I just need to get around to getting it up there to him.

I bought a used Marshall DSL40 and after a few days of use it starts cutting off. I still here the amp humming but the guitar just cuts off.
What's could be causing this ?
It has to have a loose connection if its a broken solder joint some where on the board could be a loose or dirty plug a dirty pot could be a bad op amp the little ic,s on the pc board. Or a dirty op amp socket or tube socket but it sounds minor as problems go and the dsl 40 sc is in my opinion is one of the most versatile and nicest sounding gig worthy combos on the market it almost stacks up against a fender twin reverb ive owned both

Back