Marshall Nerds - What's this JMP worth?

napalmdeath

I generally want to know what you'd sell this for, not what you'd pay, (I know alot of you are lowballers, and/or just get lucky finding deals)..

It's a 1978 JMP 2104 50 watt MKII. It's in a newish Sourmash cabinet, has one Blackback, and one Vintage 30. Recently serviced, new tubes, etc.. No mods, no fuckery with it, just the speaker swapped out, (I guess one of the Blackbacks was bad, not sure the story).

This belongs to my brother. He's selling a lot of gear.. I told him he'd probably have better luck converting it to a head.

What's the consensus? He's asking $1900, but I'm not sure sure with the non-original cabinet and less one original speaker. But, I've seen all original BEAT TO SHIT combos sell for $2300-ish, or more!
01313_aTTfURGxFUQz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00z0z_7r2BYSXvE1gz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00404_5Za3VQcPrnnz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

$1900 sounds right to me. That's what I'd pay for a repro cab and non original speakers. If it was all orginal, maybe more. I think he's right on the money. You might be able to find some guy to pay more on Reverb, but have fun shipping it. Also, saying people are lowballers here, I disagree. They just dont sit on Reverb and overpay for shit and flip it two weeks later for a loss.

There’s another fs now for less, in the original combo box but non original speakers. If he wants to sell for the most $ he needs to grab a new headshell and convert it. Then he can ask 2500 or maybe more.

There’s another fs now for less, in the original combo box but non original speakers. If he wants to sell for the most $ he needs to grab a new headshell and convert it. Then he can ask 2500 or maybe more.
That's what I told him. Hell, I'd buy it and do just that, but I gotta have an effects loop.

$1900 sounds right to me. That's what I'd pay for a repro cab and non original speakers. If it was all orginal, maybe more. I think he's right on the money. You might be able to find some guy to pay more on Reverb, but have fun shipping it. Also, saying people are lowballers here, I disagree. They just dont sit on Reverb and overpay for shit and flip it two weeks later for a loss.
Uhh, there's alot of people here that would say things are worth 25% less than they really are, because they may have gotten a deal.

And no lowballers here? Bullshit. I've been around here 16 years. I know there's plenty - new and old. Thats not saying EVERYBODY, just a good handful.

The one good Blackback makes a difference imo. Not a greeny but still worth something.

FWIW, I bought that '80 JMP 2203 a month or so ago for $1700 and it included one of those MG Marshall 4x12 (that you practically can't give away). But that was a good deal imo. I called @Racerxrated about it and he was like, "Why aren't you running to get that!" So I ran. :ROFLMAO:

My first amp was a 50w combo just like that. I had a cool Dad, bought it back in '79, pretty cool for a first amp. Another piece of gear I wished I had kept. Ugh.

The store he bought it from use to have early Marshall's Heads - metal face, plexi's, majors stacked 3 to 4 high 4 to 5 across on the floor in the used section. Those things were going for next to nothing as everyone wanted the new master volume amps. And I mean $150-250 bucks, kid you not. Hell I bought my first used 2204 50W head for $250 bucks in Atlanta a few years later. Yes, those were the days and nobody had a clue.

My first amp was a 50w combo just like that. I had a cool Dad, bought it back in '79, pretty cool for a first amp. Another piece of gear I wished I had kept. Ugh.

The store he bought it from use to have early Marshall's Heads - metal face, plexi's, majors stacked 3 to 4 high 4 to 5 across on the floor in the used section. Those things were going for next to nothing as everyone wanted the new master volume amps. And I mean $150-250 bucks, kid you not. Hell I bought my first used 2204 50W head for $250 bucks in Atlanta a few years later. Yes, those were the days and nobody had a clue.
A friend of mine paid 400 bucks for a 12 series 68 Superlead back in 92. I of course stuck with my mini rack….ugh

Back