Marshall on a Diezel!

Jonny333

As you all know I adore my Diezel, however, I've also been craving that Marshall tone aswell recently. But before going out and buying a Marshall I thought I would try and replicate it as best possible on my herbert. I was going for a sort of JCM800 vibe and think I did a pretty good job with it. (Though i'm basing this purely on recordings as i've never actually played a real 800! :LOL: :LOL: ).
Here are my settings for you guys to check it out!

Channel 2 (-)
Gain: 3:00
Volume: Whatever you dare! :rock:
Treble: 3:45
Middle: 12:45
Bass: 11:00

Midcut Off

Presence: 12:00
Deep: 12:00
Master Volume: As above.

Let me know what you think and please post settings if you can improve on it! (or if you've been able to replicate other amps sounds on your diezel) :thumbsup:

Jonny333":2c8ejdlu said:
As you all know I adore my Diezel, however, I've also been craving that Marshall tone aswell recently. But before going out and buying a Marshall I thought I would try and replicate it as best possible on my herbert. I was going for a sort of JCM800 vibe and think I did a pretty good job with it. (Though i'm basing this purely on recordings as i've never actually played a real 800! :LOL: :LOL: ).
Here are my settings for you guys to check it out!

Channel 2 (-)
Gain: 3:00
Volume: Whatever you dare! :rock:
Treble: 3:45
Middle: 12:45
Bass: 11:00

Midcut Off

Presence: 12:00
Deep: 12:00
Master Volume: As above.

Let me know what you think and please post settings if you can improve on it! (or if you've been able to replicate other amps sounds on your diezel) :thumbsup:

These are good settings to go for a Marshall type tone. But in my opinion the voicing of the Diezel mids are just not going to get you into a Marshall vibe/territory. YMMV but this is my opinion.

VH4 channel 2 is damn close...but no Marshall. Herbie sounds like itself. I would grab a Marshall or better yet a Splawn if u want that voicing.

No Diezel can do these upper mids a Marshall does. No way! THats the reason why marshalls sound so fizzy compared to the diezels.

Thanks guys,
I understand that a diezel is a diezel and it's never gonna be an exact replica of a marshall but I was just trying to get as close as possible to challenge the diezel's flexibility. Let me know if you guys can improve on what I got (herberteers preferably :p) Or if you want to try other amps go for it and let me know. Can anyone get that Engl growl? haha.
Good luck!

just got a marshall jcm800 kerry king to run with herbert! best marshall ive ever heard! Herbert is herbert! just like theres no substitute for A1 steak sauce! :LOL: :LOL:

cujo":acg7730v said:
just got a marshall jcm800 kerry king to run with herbert! best marshall ive ever heard! Herbert is herbert! just like theres no substitute for A1 steak sauce! :LOL: :LOL:
Oh Yeah.....that Kerry King JCM800 2203 is freaking KILLER!
I had one for a while. Sorta raspy but in a GOOD WAY.
Reminded me of my FJA modded JCM800. The the FJA sounded better! :yes:

why you dump it? for fja? i gotta get a loop put in it, only drawback, ill take it to fja...need delay in loop other than that love it.

cujo":2fkikglm said:
why you dump it? for fja? i gotta get a loop put in it, only drawback, ill take it to fja...need delay in loop other than that love it.
Actually I had the FJA and the KK at the same time.
Just did some trades. I got the Rivera KR7 that sounded better "Marshall" tones then the other amps did.
Just my opinion....no need to start a war here! :LOL: :LOL:
Yes....it does need a loop though. Was going to send it to Jerry for the same thing. ;)

naw no war, I loved that nick modded marshall he had video of on you tube... then i played kk and heard the clips on net musicians they were very impressive...I wanted a real marshall, no more splawns, 3 was enuff, no more knock off marshalls for me.

cujo":2hc0bhdv said:
naw no war, I loved that nick modded marshall he had video of on you tube... then i played kk and heard the clips on net musicians they were very impressive...I wanted a real marshall, no more splawns, 3 was enuff, no more knock off marshalls for me.
That was the FJA I had....the Nick mod one. The Kerry King is VERY VERY CLOSE to that.....but I ran a clean boost with the Beast mode engaged and the gain at about noon......super sweet!

yeah thats what jerry said very close to it. so i figured id get the noise gate in it as a bonus. I was tempted to buy it but it was only 50 watter.man did that sound good! best mod my ears ever heard, thats what i thought a splawn would be, not! :thumbsdown:

i played em thru a few cabs splawn cab imparticular sbxbb pattern...and my old guitarist had one too... hated it. too each his own! lol

cujo":1pyg1tg5 said:
yeah thats what jerry said very close to it. so i figured id get the noise gate in it as a bonus. I was tempted to buy it but it was only 50 watter.man did that sound good! best mod my ears ever heard, thats what i thought a splawn would be, not! :thumbsdown:
I had a Splawn Nitro for about 24 hours.....kicked it to the curb.
Didnt bond with it at all.
That KK2203 is a bad ass amp though. Nice and mean sounding.

ive talked to so many people that buy a splawn n dump em quick... hell i know a guy whos had 8 or 9 of them....n still dumps em funny A? :confused:

cujo":r5h9a3ba said:
ive talked to so many people that buy a splawn n dump em quick... hell i know a guy whos had 8 or 9 of them....n still dumps em funny A? :confused:
I would like to check out a Quickrod though.
But me and the Nitro.....not happening. :no:

Back