Marshall Silver Jubilee reissue

ProgFree

I am thinking of buying one 'cause love its tone in Steve Morse, Bonamassa etc

There was a huge hype before the amp was released but there is little about on in the web now. Can you guys share your experiences with this amp? Cheers!

I think it's a great amp and comes pretty darn close to the original. I use it for high gain tones and find that it needs a boost for heavier styles. I just use a TS or similar and it works very well.

I would like to hear how sound a Jubiliee with high gain, lead and rythm. Someone have a clip? So many people talk about this amp and there isn't that much clip of it!

I really want to find one of these and give it a try. This is one of the best amp demos I've ever come across. It doesn't get into heavier styles of rock but man, the tone!

glassjaw7":1vgpp2ai said:
I really want to find one of these and give it a try. This is one of the best amp demos I've ever come across. It doesn't get into heavier styles of rock but man, the tone!

The tone is there for sure but I'm more looking for high gain territory with this amp.

glassjaw7":1iyci1el said:

Sounds good there! Gain wise is what I would like to have, for high gain I have other amps. But in all the other videos on yt the sound of the reissue is thin with weak mids and with an unpleasant/fizzy high end. I wonder how much they tweaked mic position/eq in this video, would like to try one in person but can't find one around where I live :thumbsdown:

That video sounds really good to me, but the others I've heard were weak. Like Reza said, I'm sure it just needs a little TLC to get it dialed in correctly. Nice amp IMO.

Rezamatix":3bgd2z1r said:
I played on at GC. It was just ok. Im sure some tube rolling and biasing expertise would bring it to life. Save your money and buy a used DSL100H and you will have the same shit.
Sorry man gotta disagree a ton. Jubilees need a boost or two like any 800 to get you into metal territory. I've had a 90s DSL years ago, and have tried a newer version. Only thing in common with a Jube is the name on the front IMO. Different amp. I've no experience with the reissue, was gonna get one but an original 2555 came up for a good price. My experience hearing Wizards live lead me to believe there are some similarities there at least when you get a Jubilee cooking with a boost or 2. Its not a Wizard but the HiWatt flavor is there, like some say a Wizard has. JohnPace is a good judge as he's had/has a ton of great modded Marshalls and a Wizard or two. This 2555 is now the 5th Jube I've owned, I always have to have one around. I rate it on par/better than all the best modded Marshalls I've had, when boosted. Had Cameron's, Fortin, Friedman etc. :rock:

Sure, but they're damn close according to guys that have originals and bought a new one. If not identical. But I haven't. If they are close then they are way better than any DSL. I believe JohnPace has owned originals before.

Racerxrated":yqu0r5ec said:
Sure, but they're damn close according to guys that have originals and bought a new one. If not identical. But I haven't. If they are close then they are way better than any DSL. I believe JohnPace has owned originals before.

I echo the sentiments about needing a boost for heavy stuff. I think what the Jube gets you (with a boost) is a pretty sick tone that's close to the expensive modded Marshall's in a production amp. I have owned an original, but it was so long ago that I can't really remember. :D

Also, it's very common for these to come biased on the cold side. There are threads on the Marshall forum about getting it up to snuff and it's easy with the external bias points. You just need a meter and you can get it adjusted very easily. Mine was only off slightly, but others have had to make more significant adjustments.

Rezamatix":o8azrv27 said:
I played on at GC. It was just ok. Im sure some tube rolling and biasing expertise would bring it to life. Save your money and buy a used DSL100H and you will have the same shit.

+1. Or a JVM

The jubilee really excels at hard rock and 80s metal. When I used to use it for more modern sounds, I ran a tubescreamer in front and used an easy in the loop. I love my 2553 jubilee, but it does need the volume on 6 to lose fizzy tone and it would not be my first choice for modern metal, but I don't play modern metal so for me it's a perfect amp.

Not tried a reissue, but glad they are available again.

bonedarrell":3c0fhmyv said:
I would give the Lerxst Omega a look instead.
Except those are 3k. Lots more cash than the new Marshall. And probably more than a used clean original. I've heard they are great though.

Played it at Sweetwater thru matching cab. Sounded excellent. What a good Marshall should sound like. I'm a hi gain guy. So it would be a great amp to mod !

What a great amp the reissue is! I know that some guys who come off their overly compressed high gain amps try to play one of these and they sound like shit, they blame the amp... but that's you bro! just kidding guys... I really like these amps!

I played a jubilee reissue in Colo about a year back. Really impressed me. I preferred it to the HBE 100 sitting next to it. I didn't expect it actually.lol

I bought one. Played it for couple hours. Two different locations. After the first time I played it that time was trapped in my head. Ya know you blow it off n then you get to try it again. I love it. I think my tastes have changed after touring and countless hours in the studio. Tone is different than just sitting in your room. You have to cut live. Some amps just cut better than others. Some Amps record better than others.

Anyway yes gotta hit it with a boost. I tried a whole bunch of them at the stores. The EVH overdrive sounded smoking good with it. The amp has a killer thrash tone to it. We play in D standard and Drop C. I love how the amp just rips like good thrash metal should.

If I want nastier I got a Rivera KR100

Back