Marshallmel and Panhead5 big adventure. Andy Wood content.

marshallmel

Met up at N Stuff Music on one of the worst days ever to drive a car. Weather sucked.
Brought along some Yeungling for AW and chatted briefly before settling in.

Andy had his smaller pedal board and was playing into an SL-67 and an Friedman 4x12 with Greenbacks and his tone was amazing. Q and A sessions and songs from the new album for about 2 hours. Right as he finished Reb Beach, who was in attendance without AW knowing, came up to shake his hand and compliment his playing. ( Reb is literally a block or two away )

The head that he played was purchased by none other than Panhead5 who also got to have Andy and Reb both sign it for him. I also won a set of Suhr Woodbucker pickups. Overall a great way to spend a Thursday night.

IMG_7781.jpeg
IMG_7783.jpeg

I would have hit that if I had known. Only 2 hours from Pittsburgh. Didn't know Reb lived there.

I would have hit that if I had known. Only 2 hours from Pittsburgh. Didn't know Reb lived there.
He’s in the store a fair amount when he’s not out on tour. Not as tall as I pictured. Told some entertaining stories for sure.

It was a great outing . I learned more from Andy Wood in 2 hours than years of playing . His pedalboard was awesome and he runs the amps clean with 3 Od, fuzz or gain pedals . I bought the head and took it home just exactly as he had it set up and the volume was very low . As small as N'stuff Cafe is the PA was awesome !!!!

Marshallmel is a great guy and a fun person and I wish we all had more time to spend and hang out together . N'Stuff is awesome and all the folks are knowledgeable and friendly .

The really cool thing about his music is that he’s all over the place genre wise and good at it . He talked about starting out in bluegrass , chicken pickin to how much later he picked up an electric guitar . He talked about his own music and touring with Rascal Flatts .

To be honest it’s rather refreshing. He’s a very fun and humble guy.

Back