Matchless HC-30 | The Holy Grail of EL84 Amps

zzwish

Just put up a new video of the Matchless HC-30. It doesn't get a whole lot better than this in my opinion. The HC-30 has long been one of the ultimate clean amps, the ultimate pedal platforms, the ultimate mid-gain amps, etc. There is a super addictive quality to playing through such a touch sensitive amp that lets your style & expression shine through. Hard to pick a favorite between this and the Chieftain. Hope you dig it! ⚡

Glad to see guys like you keeping Rock alive. Dug the album and these demos are on point. Keep up the good work.

Just put up a new video of the Matchless HC-30. It doesn't get a whole lot better than this in my opinion. The HC-30 has long been one of the ultimate clean amps, the ultimate pedal platforms, the ultimate mid-gain amps, etc. There is a super addictive quality to playing through such a touch sensitive amp that lets your style & expression shine through. Hard to pick a favorite between this and the Chieftain. Hope you dig it! ⚡

Am I remembering correctly that you're the guy that also had an Independence? If so, how's it compare to the rest?

i only have the Independence with a mod done by Matchless - my only experience with them but it really kicks ass especially with single coils

Am I remembering correctly that you're the guy that also had an Independence? If so, how's it compare to the rest?
Hey! Yeah, I've also had the Independence, the Chieftain and a few others. They're all great, but I personally slightly prefer the EL-34 based amps like the Independence & Chieftain. Just feels a little bit more like what I'm used to and I like the more bold / tight low end. That's not a knock in any way on the HC-30, I just don't play EL-84 based amps as often. In the room with the amps, they all have this clarity to them that you don't find in too many other amps, even when you're pushing the gain. The clean on the Independence is awesome, but it's not as flexible as the HC-30 or Chieftain since it only has a single volume & tone control. The Independence is capable of much more gain than the other two.

Back