Max Norman Interview: Making BOZ, DOAM & BATM

He did a couple Megadeth albums, correct?
He did. Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia. I met him over at Nick Menza's house once, he was helping Nick set up is home recording studio. Didn't stay very long because I was just dropping something off but he seemed very cool.

He did. Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia. I met him over at Nick Menza's house once, he was helping Nick set up is home recording studio. Didn't stay very long because I was just dropping something off but he seemed very cool.
Were you friends with Menza ?

The death of Randy Rhoads, Ronnie Van Vant and Buddy Holly are three of the greatest losses the music world has ever experienced.

Last edited:
The studio I go to has the tapes to his final recordings . Im always wondering what will be done with them. But the tapes literally be sitting there in the corner while I’m recording
What studio? I found out after he passed that he was getting something going with another old friend of mine that I had fallen out of touch on bass. He wanted to get me in on guitar but they didn't know how to get ahold of me. Not sure why they didn't reach out to any of our mutual friends. That woulda been alot of fun.

I wonder if anyone reached out to his sister regarding those tapes.

What studio? I found out after he passed that he was getting something going with another old friend of mine that I had fallen out of touch on bass. He wanted to get me in on guitar but they didn't know how to get ahold of me. Not sure why they didn't reach out to any of our mutual friends. That woulda been alot of fun.

I wonder if anyone reached out to his sister regarding those tapes.
It’s in Dayton Ohio . While I was recording my guitars former Megadeth guitarist Jeff Young was there smoking weef waiting for me to be done . I think maybe him and Nick had a project . At least I though . But Jeff young is there a lot when I go and nicks tapes are on the console so I thought maybe they did something

It’s in Dayton Ohio . While I was recording my guitars former Megadeth guitarist Jeff Young was there smoking weef waiting for me to be done . I think maybe him and Nick had a project . At least I though . But Jeff young is there a lot when I go and nicks tapes are on the console so I thought maybe they did something
Ah, for some reason i thought Jeff was still out here. I know he was playing locally here at some smaller clubs with an acoustic duo thing pre-covid. I'm unaware of him doing anything with Jeff, but then again i hadn't talked to Nick in a few years before he passed.

Ah, for some reason i thought Jeff was still out here. I know he was playing locally here at some smaller clubs with an acoustic duo thing pre-covid. I'm unaware of him doing anything with Jeff, but then again i hadn't talked to Nick in a few years before he passed.
Jeff comes home a lot to Dayton to record and see family . I don’t think he lives here though . But ya if they were not jamming it’s crazy two former Megadeth guys be coming to the same studi im Dayton . Kinda wild

Sounds like we have a great networking platform here, guys. We could take much more advantage of it!

Back