Meanwhile in Australia

ZEN Amps

Don't get me wrong, I'm a proud Aussie - but the gear pricing that goes on here is pure insanity:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.23.32 pm.png

Fortunately the wildlife keeps us sane and entertained:

Used gear prices here in Australia are nuts and most of the gear is in bits and disgustingly dirty. Photos can be deceiving.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a proud Aussie - but the gear pricing that goes on here is pure insanity:

View attachment 136360

Fortunately the wildlife keeps us sane and entertained:

well...first he saved it from fires !

than he saved it from a flood (thankfully flood extinguished the fire...)

he wants something in return for all his trouble !

+ its ORANGE ! thats the new black, right ?

he is not asking enough ...!:ROFLMAO:

Crazy price for sure. But, it’s happening here also. It’s like one dude started pricing his gear high and everyone entered a frenzy of greed and started listing everything they owned at absurd and offensive prices. It’s now become an all out orgy of greed.

Very offensive. Sometimes on reverb I send a message asking if the price was a typo, and I always get answers, either explaining their price, or angry responses asking me if I myself, am a typo.

Crazy price for sure. But, it’s happening here also. It’s like one dude started pricing his gear high and everyone entered a frenzy of greed and started listing everything they owned at absurd and offensive prices. It’s now become an all out orgy of greed.

Very offensive. Sometimes on reverb I send a message asking if the price was a typo, and I always get answers, either explaining their price, or angry responses asking me if I myself, am a typo.
I tend to go the other way regarding the 'greed'. I think it's 'dumbass people' over paying. People can make free listings for whatever they want.

Selling something for say $1k and then seeing several beat up versions sell for $2k just a week later is heartbreaking. If people didn't pay the high prices those ridiculous listings would fade away.

Like Ayn Rand wrote (sort of), all people should be greedy and then we're all on the same playing field. No 'pretending' to not be greedy. Humans by nature are greedy.

Agreed that uninformed buyers are jointly responsible for crazy prices, but Reverb itself should shoulder much of the blame IMO.

This has come up before but I have since confirmed it - the ‘sold’ prices you see when filtering a search is not the actual sell price, it’s the original listing price (unless the seller reduced the price officially and not via offer). Maybe it’s different across categories or circumstances but just this week I put in an offer on a Mesa power amp, it was accepted, but the sold price matches the original.

I believe this has a huge impact on the used market. For example all those amps that sold for say 2k after the sellers listed them for 3 now have a searchable history of selling for 3. Hence future prospective sellers are now listing for 4k and expecting 3. It’s a crazy system, and presumably designed to maximise Reverb revenue. They’re taking a percentage after all so spiralling prices are a wonderful thing.

If you poke through the price guide I think you can see actual sell prices but I don’t think that’s very well known or reliable, and it’s certainly clunky. Bottom line is the trend is always up but is really being pushed along by this extremely dubious practice.

I don’t know or care about the history of Klons, what a joke that is - but I’m wondering if the pricing spiral aligns with the proliferation of Reverb. EBay at least shows actual sell prices, I think.

This has come up before but I have since confirmed it - the ‘sold’ prices you see when filtering a search is not the actual sell price, it’s the original listing price (unless the seller reduced the price officially and not via offer). Maybe it’s different across categories or circumstances but just this week I put in an offer on a Mesa power amp, it was accepted, but the sold price matches the original.
That's fucked up and Reverb knows what they are doing...the rat bastards.

I don't think I've ever wanted a business to fail in a total crash and burn more than Reverb.

That's fucked up and Reverb knows what they are doing...the rat bastards.

I don't think I've ever wanted a business to fail in a total crash and burn more than Reverb.
It has its benefits but there's a hell of a lot of problems for sure, and it seems to be getting worse.

Last edited:
Tempest in a tea cup annoyances.......but yeah I get it.

Reverb and eBay cartoons prevail.

And I'm free not to buy anything there.

So I don't.

Problem solved......oh wait a minute.....I didn't know there was a problem.

He's at it again. I mean red Marshalls are cool, but this is next-level delusion:
and....the right one was in a construction site accident ? this is prolly aimed at crypto millionaires...a few that remain....
:ROFLMAO:

$229.00 for an OCD box. Yes, just the empty box. :giggle:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.38.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.38.24 pm.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
Back