Memorial Day remembrance ...Thank You to all our current and former military personnel!

Kinda feel odd on these days. I just relax. Was active 13 years. Assigned to security for 5 years of that. Patrol during Saudi war. After ‘War was over’. Bullshit. Fucking bad guys were out there still. Insurgents. They sent me and 2 other guys out. No questions. Kill them. Well we got the word. They were out house bouncing. Raping kids. Out to get the make shift base we were at. Nothing more then a tent city. Well we got the word. Kicked in the door. 30 seconds. They had a head. Then the my didnt. I ended up taking a bullet in the chest. Bounced off my Kevlar vest. Didn’t know I was hit. Adrenaline rolling. Then felt the burn. Looked down. Blood. Here’s the battle wound. Never really talk this. But fuck I’m 51. Just getting things off ‘my chest’. Haha
Thanks for your service Mailman

My grandpa was a sergeant during the battle of the bulge. Heard some stories at deer camp. God I miss him… to all veterans, thank you for service

My grandpa was a sergeant during the battle of the bulge. Heard some stories at deer camp. God I miss him… to all veterans, thank you for service
Same

He was killed in action in Germany at the Battle of the Bulge on Dec. 14, 1944. He was 30 years old with a pregnant wife at home. Tragically, his baby died at birth. Family stories are all I ever had of him. He is buried at the Henri-Chapelle American War Cemetery in Belgium. Plot E, Row 4, Grave 58.

Same

He was killed in action in Germany at the Battle of the Bulge on Dec. 14, 1944. He was 30 years old with a pregnant wife at home. Tragically, his baby died at birth. Family stories are all I ever had of him. He is buried at the Henri-Chapelle American War Cemetery in Belgium. Plot E, Row 4, Grave 58.
My condolences splawndude. Thanks for sharing that. Along with the great memories of him, I have his Purple Heart, letter to my grandma after he was wounded, and the bullet fragment removed from his lung. He played a mean accordion! Loved his polka

My condolences splawndude. Thanks for sharing that. Along with the great memories of him, I have his Purple Heart, letter to my grandma after he was wounded, and the bullet fragment removed from his lung. He played a mean accordion! Loved his polka
Thanks. Very cool that you have those items - especially the Purple Heart. Wow. Thanks to his service :yes:

God bless our military. We as a country need to take care of our Vets way better than we do. Anything they need they should get. As for Memorial day... every day should be Memorial day.
AbsoFuckingLutely!

It saddens me how we treat our Veterans in this society. Every time I purge clothing, including old suits and nice shirts - I take them to my local Vets.

Back