Mesa and Celestion Myths, Lies, Deception, Slander, Sabotage

anomaly

I'm being attacked by a large group of people who basically want to ruin my life. They do these attacks on the internet and in real life using deception, taking things out of context and lying. They doused a bunch of my Vintage 30's in water for example by first breaking into my place. But that's not what i'm here to talk about:

Let me tell you some Mesa and Celestion internet myths that I know are fake.

The Mesa Mark IV's cap leakage with the 10,000uf capacitors, it's all bullshit... that was used by Mesa to get more business. They ripped me off for $1,000 by saying those caps were leaking. They were not. Before I sent it in I did not notice any cap leakage anywhere, but I took their word for it that there was. Anyways they said they replaced part of the board, cleaned it and repopulated it because of this damage. It was all a lie. Reason I know this. I had a really good look at those caps they supposedly changed and they are exactly the same caps that were in it before but the capacitors now say my old bands name on it as a brand, LOL. They are the same capacitors. All they changed was the power and pre-amp filter capacitors, the screen grid resistors and a few other parts. Then they sprayed the board with something to make it look all shiny and new and charged me $1,000. It's all bullshit. Those caps don't leak on Mark IV's, and if they do, it's a rare occasion. They also made rhythm 1 not have as much gain as it should and rhythm 2 to work properly SOMETIMES, it basically does the same as rhythm 1.

The transitional Mark IV A/B it does not exist. they are just early revision B's that have the same power transformer as the rev A's. No revision is better, just slightly different, there are deceptive vids on youtube that compare these two amps.

Another thing, Mesa don't like people talking about their old out of production amplifiers because it takes away business from them on their new amplifiers, like the Mark VII. Try not to say anything bad about their new amps, cause if you do and you send in an old amp for repair they might just do something similar to you. Definitely don't talk up their old amps too much cause the same might happen. Very shady business disguised as a great company with excellent work practices. I'll never buy another Mesa product myself.

The whole company is shady IMO. I mean, they built their whole empire on someone else's work, Mike Soldano, with The Dual Rectifier.

The Celestion Vintage 30. Nolly and Glenn Fricker have made up a whole bunch of bullshit about these speakers, they are all the same except QC has changed. Water or moisture is what causes this 5-6k spike in some of the speakers, it also changes the midrange character of the speaker. I know this cause I have speakers with water damage. You ever get a piece of paper wet then dry it out? It becomes stiff and doesn't move as well, this is what causes those tonal changes. It all has to do with the cone and how flexible it is. Don't expose your speakers to moisture, water or too much humidity. Try it for your self if you need to. Get a wet cloth douse the speaker in water, then dry it and place it back in the cab and have a good listen.

Last edited:
Not the exact same topic the thread was started on, I guess, but I always wondered how close really the Recto is to the SLO.

It's definitely not just the poweamp. The Recto has Clean/Pushed, then Vintage/Modern, then Red/Orange then the presence is in the preamp, then a whole bunch of other stuff.

I always ask how much and what did Mesa really copy from the SLO, but no one has a definitive answer. I'm 100% sure it's not the whole preamp. I'm pretty sure the tone stack is different on Modern than it is on an SLO. Maybe Vintage is more SLO-like? If so, the sound that made them be able to "build their whole empire" off the Recto was definitely not Vintage, good as it may be.

They already had a pretty nice estate and Castle with the Mark series and Bass gear but the Recto enabled them to do some Empire building, colonizer type shit and really get out to the masses and squeeze those peasants! …😂

"The transitional Mark IV A/B it does not exist. they are just early revision B's that have the same power transformer as the rev A's. No revision is better, just slightly different."

an early B with A transformers, not B transformers? that would be a transition, right?

"The transitional Mark IV A/B it does not exist. they are just early revision B's that have the same power transformer as the rev A's. No revision is better, just slightly different."

an early B with A transformers, not B transformers? that would be a transition, right?
Ya, that's what some people call the transitional Mark IV a/b, it's a early 1993 rev B with the power transformer the same as an A revision, that's about it.

I wish someone would break in my house and douse my stash of V30’s with water. I hate all of them……including the most recently bought Mesa versions. Can’t give them away on marketplace either.

You can give them to me if you don't want them. I need some.

It's possibly the same people who are harassing my brother. He claims that on multiple occasions, someone has broken into his place and taken a number of small items of relatively little value. Then a few days or perhaps a couple of weeks later, they broke in and returned the items. They've rearranged furniture, and eaten food out of the fridge. He says they're trying to make him think he's crazy.

Back