Mesa Boogie MarkIIC+ on a Budget? (Modded '89 Mark III)

Thank you!
I could have turned the presence up more on the modded one, but I just prefer the smoother sound.
I've been using my 1991 1960BX cab with the original Greenbacks for a while now. Before that, I always used my 80s 1960BV.
IMO it doesn't need the presence up at all, it sounds perfect the way you dialed it in, better than the first Vid. What are your settings, I can't quite make them out??

If you want to add a little gain, there is a simple gain mod. I'm trying to remember the tube... maybe v4 (might have been V4 on the Mark IV, so translate it to the Mark III?. Either way there is a 68k going to ground. Replace it with anything bigger up to 150k. It will be like making the gain pot go up to 12 (vs 10). It will make the amp slightly darker is you use a 150k... but its a mesa and they can be bright already. This mod came directly from Mike B.

Excellent video! I agree with the guy who said he went from his mk3 to the mark iv. I did the same and never looked back. Especially now that I also have a 2c+ srgx! Nice playing and tone bro!

Thank you!
I could have turned the presence up more on the modded one, but I just prefer the smoother sound.
I've been using my 1991 1960BX cab with the original Greenbacks for a while now. Before that, I always used my 80s 1960BV.
Yeah, I’m probably just hearing a difference in settings. That amp sure digs those Greenbacks. All of your mods sound killer. I’d like to hear what you’d do to a Recto.

If you want to add a little gain, there is a simple gain mod. I'm trying to remember the tube... maybe v4 (might have been V4 on the Mark IV, so translate it to the Mark III?. Either way there is a 68k going to ground. Replace it with anything bigger up to 150k. It will be like making the gain pot go up to 12 (vs 10). It will make the amp slightly darker is you use a 150k... but its a mesa and they can be bright already. This mod came directly from Mike B.
Yeah, that would increase the gain quite a bit. I'm gonna leave it with the 68k though.

Yeah, I’m probably just hearing a difference in settings. That amp sure digs those Greenbacks. All of your mods sound killer. I’d like to hear what you’d do to a Recto.
Thanks! I've never played a Recto, but I don't like any of the demo videos of them.

Back