Mesa boogie relocating?

BrentSSL

So I recently heard that out in the factory in Petaluma they have been throwing out a lot of their inventory. Chokes transformers pilot lights handles all kinds of things. Also half of their staff have walked out.? There are rumblings of them having a small office for designing in Nashville and amps being built overseas. I'm a huge Mesa fan my first guitar amp was a three channel dual rectifier from 2003. I hope they aren't going to kill the brand possibly. Have you guys heard anything any thoughts and opinions?

So I recently heard that out in the factory in Petaluma they have been throwing out a lot of their inventory. Chokes transformers pilot lights handles all kinds of things. Also half of their staff have walked out.? There are rumblings of them having a small office for designing in Nashville and amps being built overseas. I'm a huge Mesa fan my first guitar amp was a three channel dual rectifier from 2003. I hope they aren't going to kill the brand possibly. Have you guys heard anything any thoughts and opinions?
Throwing out their inventory is a huge red flag of bullshit! Who's throwing out any inventory these days?

Well you don't expect things to be the same now that Gibson owns them do you. ?
Having been thru 40+ years of mergers/acquisitions as an employee/tenant/customer whenever a company sells or restructure first thing they say is "nothing will change" yada.
Only one thing changes & thats EVERYTHING.
Bye bye boogie.

^^^^Exactly what happens. Ask anyone who has worked at a club like me that has been bought by AEG or LiveNation. They tell ya that, preach it. Takes about a year, and then procedures, policies, HR, everything is different, employee moral goes in the toilet after.

I believe it. Gibson has a history of acquisitions and killing them off. You can definitely bet they’ll be making them overseas - quality guitar amplifiers is not what Gibson is known for.

Discarding materials is not uncommon when it comes to mergers and acquisitions. KORG did the same when they purchased Sequential Circuits. Maybe it was ADA, I don't remember exactly. They were literally throwing equipment into the Pacific Ocean.

The US economy is on FF for collapse (by design), so don't be surprised if this is true. The inability to procure components renders production unsustainable. There's also the reality that few are interested in buying guitar amplifiers. Not nearly enough to sustain domestic production anyway. If production is to continue, my guess is that it will be based in China.

I'd buy another Boogie, but I don't need one. IMO, they're only useful for live play, which I no longer do.

Discarding materials is not uncommon when it comes to mergers and acquisitions. KORG did the same when they purchased Sequential Circuits. Maybe it was ADA, I don't remember exactly. They were literally throwing equipment into the Pacific Ocean.

The US economy is on FF for collapse (by design), so don't be surprised if this is true. The inability to procure components renders production unsustainable. There's also the reality that few are interested in buying guitar amplifiers. Not nearly enough to sustain domestic production anyway. If production is to continue, my guess is that it will be based in China.

I'd buy another Boogie, but I don't need one. IMO, they're only useful for live play, which I no longer do.

DEFINITELY only for live use. No one uses mesas in the studio anymore, unless it’s their 25 watt amps. Also most people are going back to real amps live these days, and are definitely not using modelers barely ever now.

DEFINITELY only for live use. No one uses mesas in the studio anymore, unless it’s their 25 watt amps. Also most people are going back to real amps live these days, and are definitely not using modelers barely ever now.
I love the Boogie amps for playing live... Always have. For me, they just don't record well. For Boogie recording, the Quad preamp + Peavey EL84 loaded "Classic" stereo power amp is killer! May just be the best recording tones I've ever used. I'm a dumb-fuck for selling that rig!

The war that's being waged on the world is a war of attrition and acquisition. Weaker businesses are being forced out of business for acquisition by larger corporate entities. i.e. Consolidation of wealth.

Any USA company with 100+ employees require vaccination. White House staff are exempt, of course.

https://www.newsweek.com/members-congress-staff-exempt-biden-covid-vaccine-mandate-1627859

Definition of attrition

- The act of weakening or exhausting by constant harassment, abuse, or attack.

- A reduction in numbers, usually as a result of resignation, retirement, or death of a company.

Definition of acquisition

- The act of acquiring something. Acquisition of property. Acquisition of a business. Acquisition of knowledge.

Last edited:
Back