Mesa DR/TR Reissues have detroyed resale of F/G Rectos

killertone

killertone

Well-known member
It's crazy how the prices have fallen on Gs and Fs. I barely see them selling at all, actually. The RIs sound so good that they might affect C-E prices...who would pay $10K for an amp that sounds marginally (that's even negilible) better? I sure as fuck wouldn't!
 
Do you think the same could be said for the iic+?(especially the tone being marginally better)
 
IMG_9632.jpeg
 
Do you think the same could be said for the iic+?(especially the tone being marginally better)

Probably yeah. The IIC+ Reissues are excellent as well, easily just as good as the originals, some might even be better just because they're newer and sound a bit more pristine.
 
The RI dual and RI IIC+ are killer, really enjoyed both. The 6505 1992 is also incredible. This RI era is a blessing I think. Now only if we could get a Gorilla RI, the circle would be complete.
 
Gear flippers and their consequences have been a disaster for the used market.
 
I think that the original’84’-‘85 MKIIC+ amps might end up just like original Horsie KLONS and Real Dumble amps .

I think guys will hold onto these original ones, and they’ll continue to rise in value in the future.

There are TONS of Klon and Dumble clones that sound very close to the originals, but people continue to pay big $$$&$ for the real thing .

I think the same can be said about the MKIIC+ RI’s.

They sound pretty much like an ‘84-‘85 IIC+, but they won’t hold their value like an original one will.

A lot of guys would rather buy and play these original examples if they can afford it.
 
It's crazy how the prices have fallen on Gs and Fs. I barely see them selling at all, actually. The RIs sound so good that they might affect C-E prices...who would pay $10K for an amp that sounds marginally (that's even negilible) better? I sure as fuck wouldn't!

Yes, the 90s Reissue sounds great. And in my experience, better than Rev. G and Rev. F...
 
Yes, the 90s Reissue sounds great. And in my experience, better than Rev. G and Rev. F...

Yep, from everything I've heard the RIs are good enough to where the originals are only a collector's piece now; if you want the tone it's there.
 
Yep, from everything I've heard the RIs are good enough to where the originals are only a collector's piece now; if you want the tone it's there.

And the RI is also more reliable, less noise, and has a better design. They really knocked it out of the park.
 

Similar threads

A
Replies
23
Views
7K
napalmdeath
napalmdeath
A
Replies
13
Views
5K
Beandust
B
A
Replies
8
Views
3K
maxguitars
M
Back
Top