Mesa Half-Back 4x12s

If you are gigging not the all EV loaded cabinet unless you are a brick shithouse :LOL: :LOL:

Knowing what you play you may want to make a back panel for the upper section for a totally closed 4x12, you will have to figure that out if you need it. The cab sounds more open with the 1/2 back design and will not have the thump of a fully closed cab for big palm mutes. It has punch, just saying.

psychodave":d1ifweh5 said:
I have 3 bottom half-back 4x12's that I am selling. One of which is unloaded. One even has a factory top back pannel that is undrilled and held in place by pressure (to be easily removed to change the sound). The bad news is that I will NOT ship anything. :aww:

That aside, which one would you say is your favorite?

I have had Eminence MS-12/EV's in mine and currently have MC-90/EV mix. I wish I would have kept the 2 Eminence MS-12's, but I sold them before I really knew what I had.

I tried the top section of my cab off for a while and really didn't like it. I just had trouble getting the tones I was looking for on the mark IV, the bass just seemed to disappear. I recently put the top back panel back on and the tones I was looking for came back. I got this cab from Mctallica1, so you can ask him what he thought about it if he remembers, its been a few years though.

On a different note, Dave, why are you selling your halfback cabs? Have you moved to the marshall side permanently?

I've owned three of the Halfback 4x12s over the past few years and played a few others. I prefer the EV loaded ones fully closed. Cleaner and clearer sounding. Let more of the personality of the amps come through.

i love mine... had them for ages..

3004044138_4c9299cd04_b.jpg

dave

dpeterson":36sipnto said:
i love mine... had them for ages..

dave

What speakers do you have in them? Do you have the top section backs on or off?

Just curious. They look to be in great shape.

And to Szar's comment, I far prefer the 412 halfback cabs to the 212 halfback cabs, not surprisingly....

Back