Mesa Mark IV price check

What’s interesting is if this opens up buying new again as an option. If the fun used stuff is going to go nuts, I’ll find some fun new stuff and maybe for once contribute to a makers business...lol. I do miss going through GC’s used section online and even my local go too for cool stuff was a little threadbare on my last visit. I really hope the used market bounces back to being more plentiful and reasonable but who knows. It’s going to be hard for people who,paid exorbitant prices now to not want to recoup when they get bored with it later.

I paid 1,750 shipped for my IV a couple months ago but it was mint. New headshell from Mesa and apparently got serviced too. Find one sooner rather than later. These prices keep going up so I consider myself lucky.

I bought 2 Mark IV's last year, first one, in near perfect shape from a guy on TGP for $900. The next for $999 from GC used. That is a very early one from 1991. It came in a road case and was obviously used hard. Sent it in to MIke B for a full overhaul and am still into it for under $1500. I think used prices will come back to earth once all the free money dries up and people are forced back to reality financially.

They are great amps, but I wouldn't pay the current prices. They sound good but there are better options for $2k

Inflation is here. What is crazy to me is that if you frequent tgp, you would think no one is buying 50plus watt amps, lol

Inflation is here. What is crazy to me is that if you frequent tgp, you would think no one is buying 50plus watt amps, lol
No one needs 50 watts. 5 watts is plenty for any brown pant gig.

With what is going on with the prices of everything and looking at the world economy.... I expect the prices of pretty much everything to go up and keep going up.
Cost of living in the USA typically went up about 3% a year for a long time.... 3% is gone. It's going to be a lot more.

I bought 2 Mark IV's last year, first one, in near perfect shape from a guy on TGP for $900. The next for $999 from GC used. That is a very early one from 1991. It came in a road case and was obviously used hard. Sent it in to MIke B for a full overhaul and am still into it for under $1500. I think used prices will come back to earth once all the free money dries up and people are forced back to reality financially.

They are great amps, but I wouldn't pay the current prices. They sound good but there are better options for $2k
To me Mark IVs have been undervalued for so long. I think they sound as good as any other amp well beyond $2k. I think the Mesa Mark sound from IIC+ to IV will always have lots of people wanting it.

Back