Mesa Mark Question-Date 12-84

locoed

I have this old Mesa Mark amp but I don't have a clue of what it is, can the REAL Mesa guys chime in
Please? I'll try to post pics, I've been having problems.

Based on the date, that would put it into Mark IIC territory. Based on the "+" over the power cord, that would signify that this amp is a Mark IIC+ Long Head based on the pics, but gu shots (close up pictures of the circuit boards and components) would help to better ID your amp.

If you want to make sure this actually is a "+" and not someone just trying to pass off a Mark IIC as a Mark IIC+, you need to perform the loop test.

Mesa's pretty cool about answering questions over the phone too. If it's a conversion, Mike B may have a record of the work.

Gut shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 756
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 757
based on the date it is a IIC. + mark and MB initials indicates IIC+. 105PT simulclass and no reverb or GEQ makes it a "H" chassis configutation.

what's the serial number?

Thanks Steve. I'll post a pic of the serial # when I get home.
To bad it doesn't have an EQ :cry:

That's a nice amp. Just run the Mesa GEQ pedal in the loop or send it into to Mike B to add the GEQ (though they may not have any more of those face plates).

But IMHO those things sound great without using the GEQ. It's kinda fun for a while to pump up the bass, but whenever I play a Mark for an extended period of time, I generally end up bypassing the GEQ anyway.

Yeah I read the non EQ Marks are tighter. So I'll probably give it
A try with the Mesa 5 band pedal.

Back