Mesa Mark V 25 - anyone tried one?

ewill52

Had a chance to snag one of these, curious if anyone in here had one and what you thought? I had a Mark V 90 a few years ago and really kick myself for selling.

I have and love this amp. So much tone in a small package! I have the Rectoverb 25 as well. They sound killer combined.

Another owner here.
Got mine when I sold my Mark IV Rev A. The Crunch mode is worth the price already. If my Mark IV's R2 channel was 80% of the V 25's Crunch mode, I'd never sold it.
Sure, the V 25's doesn't have the big glass/big iron tone in terms of heft and girth, but other than that, it's super versatile and full of great tones.

Another owner here.
Got mine when I sold my Mark IV Rev A. The Crunch mode is worth the price already. If my Mark IV's R2 channel was 80% of the V 25's Crunch mode, I'd never sold it.
Sure, the V 25's doesn't have the big glass/big iron tone in terms of heft and girth, but other than that, it's super versatile and full of great tones.
even at gigs I rarely get to push the amp hard enough to enjoy the extra horsepower lol. Think this may be my next gigging amp. Would be compact, great with a little 1x12 Thiele cab

Does the mark 30W with 4x EL84 keep the sound of the 25v 2x EL84?

I’ve been considering a mark V:30

I've played the 5:35

I thought it sounded good on it's own but jammed on it with a band and did not like it there. Super prone to feedback and thin sounding

Obviously it has a zillion controls so maybe I just didn't set something right

Does the mark 30W with 4x EL84 keep the sound of the 25v 2x EL84?

I’ve been considering a mark V:30
Yes, plus a full size reverb tank. When I had the 35, I played it on 25W mode (2 tubes) always except for live band use.

Crunch on the baby Vs is perhaps the best Mark tone since the IV.

I have a 5:25 and gigged it for a few years. Fantastic amp as far as I'm concerned. I owned the 5:25 and the Mark 3 purple stripe at the same time. I ended up selling the Mark 3 because the 5:25 sounded great and was so convenient. It also beat out a Marshall silver jubilee for my needs

In my opinion it's the most amp in the smallest package you can get. I have one and record with it (along with a handfull of other 100 watt heads). Not sure how the V25 sounds live, but in a recording environment it's fantastic. It's also worth noting that with as many modes as it's got, along with pre-gain and post-gain EQ, it's kind of unbelievably versatile.

I've had mine since Jan & still love it. Both channels have a lot to offer. Once I had a few weeks to get accustomed to it, I can grab any of the dozen guitars I've got laying around and get a great sound out of it easily.

I use it with a v30 loaded mesa 2x12, and have only played it at home so far.

I had received one in a trade with the intention of most likely selling it.

I had compared it to the Mark V 90 Watt version and I felt the 90 Watt version sounded much better/fuller to me.

I thought the amp sounded pretty good overall but I felt limited with just two channels (I prefer 3-4 channel amps) and the clean sounded thin until I had cranked the amp.

Fantastic amp. Like others here have said, sounds better than the big boy 90w version which is very puzzling. Less sterile, more juicy, sweeter highs but the lows are softer at higher volume. Good news is though that the V25 and 35 seemingly have a beefier sound to them than the 90w.

I enjoyed the MKV 90w I had but when I got my JP2C, away it went. And then when I got my hands on both the V25 and V35, I was even more pleased with my decision to dump the 90. I now see why all of the complaints on it that I failed to see. All good now because the MKVII is a fkn monster and the new sheriff in mark land

I have the Mavk 5 35 and I had a Mark V 90 and while I miss some of the features (3rd channel) I LOVE my Mark V 35. I think these little amps will go down as one of Mesa's most iconic models. Fantatsic amp that Mesa totally hit it out of the park on.

I actually have a full size Mark IV too, and while great, I somewhat prefer my Mark V 35 in Mark IV mode. (Not so loud, easier to dial in, etc.)

I really wish I could compare a V:35, VII, and JP2C directly with one another. I want another Mesa but don’t want to buy all three.

Back